Revelation - KSC-75's are great for rock!
Mar 10, 2006 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
When I first got these as replacements for my broken KSC-35's, I kind of panned them, and I burned them in quite a while but they just didn't sound like the 35's. I really haven't used them that much for the last few months, but I had to see how they'd perform with the HD amp on my new MZ-NH1.

Wow.

I find the combo of the NH1's headphone out and these clips handle rock extremely well, much better than any of my other portable cans. There is something special about a lithium cell-powered MiniDisc unit over a standard NiMH gumstick, as there is certainly more 'beef' with the NH1 than my other MD gear.

Iron Maiden's "Dance of Death" is bone-crunching and the 75's handle it with relative ease. Other hard rock recordings work equally well. Maybe these KSC-75's are just now getting burned in, maybe taking more time than most cans.

Whatever, I am a happy clam.
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:22 AM Post #6 of 13
Actually, the 60-ohm driver is a tad weak for most MD headphone amps, but the NH1 makes it work quite well.

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 13
I used a stock Portapro today out of my rig, just in time for my new blackdiamond cable to finally break in and smooth out and WHOA i swear, Van Halen's "Panama" was on fire! I actually was doing a tiny headbang at the subway station, good stuff!

Mar 11, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 13
I guess we forget about the topic, a bit - let's hear about your KSC-75 experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back