Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #121 of 159
After almost 1 year I received the RAL cable for North Stare system. It´s a Wonderful product, Great improvemente in my sound.My only complaint was the waiting time for the cable ,but is better latter then never. Brad is not a crook after hall. I think he is one man with lot of work.Brás from Portugal

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #122 of 159
I ordered 3.0 meter Sennheiser cables and a 3.0 meter extension cable from Revelation Audio Labs/Brad Vojtech on March 22, 2007. I pre-paid for the order. I have sent many e-mails to him since to remind him of our transaction. He has responded many times with a "this week" type promise. Yet again, I have an "expected to ship this week..." promise in an e-mail from Brad, sent on November 2, 2008.

I am very frustrated with this transaction. Brad has a phone number listed on his website and it has been "out of order/out of service" for a long time. He needs to take that phone number off his website. I cannot reach him by phone. He occasionally responds to an e-mail with a "shipping soon" e-mail to appease me. I will write a letter to the Florida Attorney General's Office very soon.

I want my cables or a refund (with interest).

Will I receive my cables "next week?" Stay tuned to find out.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #124 of 159
I got a promotion email from Revelation Audio Labs today regarding their latest 3-4-1 sale. Here is the email:

3-for-1 Sale

Today only !

Order one Revelation Audio Labs product, get TWO FREE !

INCREDIBLE !

Here's how it works:

1. Simply go to our web site Revelation Audio Labs, Inc. and place an order for the product(s) of your choice through our secure shopping cart (hosted by PayPal).

2. Then tell us by e-mail the product(s) that you would like to receive for free which are equal or less than TWICE the value of the product(s) you ordered. For example, order one Precept power cable, and get two Precept power cables for free. That's three power cables for the price of one! Or order one pair of Paradise interconnects, get two pairs of interconnects for free. Or, if you prefer, you can apply this value as credit toward the purchase of higher priced product. Contact us if you have any questions. As you may know, not all the cables we offer are shown on our web site. You may pay us for such products directly using your PayPal account.

3. Upon receiving your order, I will personally send you an order confirmation, verifying receipt of your order and what procucts you shall receive. Orders are processed in queue, so the first order received will be the first order shipped.

Here is your only chance to completely re-cable your music system with our brand-new world-class, cutting-edge designs for a fraction of the regular price.

This offer expires at midnight Tuesday 1/20/09, and is only extended to customers who have ordered from us previously.

DON'T DELAY ! ORDER NOW !

Grace and peace,

Brad Vojtech
Chief Designer / Founder
Revelation Audio Labs, Inc.
Revelation Audio Labs, Inc.
voice - (386) 983-5576

"The music of your life is subtle and elusive and like no other - not a song with words but a song without words. Listen...all moments are key moments." - Fredrick Buechner

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - from the book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge

Coverage of Revelation Audio Labs at International CES® :

CES REPORT 2008

ces084

The preceding email message and any attachment to the email message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and contains information that is confidential, may be legally privileged, and may constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of this message. Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email message or any attachment is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #125 of 159
I call either BS or a desperate attempt to regain trust. I presume the former. I would love to be wrong however. There is just too much against them to gain my trust.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #126 of 159
Because it was a one day only sale, the people interested in RAL products probably had no time to ask as many questions as they wanted. All BV had to do is to ignore the questions that he didn't like (e.g. shipping estimate) or even give false estimate on delivery time (like he did before) and I'll bet some people will go ahead and pay/order because the deal is "too good to miss" - and in turn they'll find out they screwed themselves. Before I dealt with BV I never realized the importance of dealing with a reputable dealer. A lesson well learned.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #127 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never doubted your veracity and am sorry about your substantial monetary loss. i also think the above post by zarathustra was in poor taste.

same do I ,my friend

I hardly could believe that he could wright sth like that

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #128 of 159
i don't know if anyone still reads this thread but i have a question. i am looking for a umbilical for my supratek and the only place i know that makes one is guess who? my question is there appears to be someone named "audiohottie" on audiogon selling a lot of brad's cables. i bought one from her for an older supratek that i no longer have. the upshot is, it took MONTHS to get her to send the cable, and i had to eventually file a dispute with audiogon to get it. sound familiar? is brad still banned from agon, and if so, could it be...

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #129 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ratso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't know if anyone still reads this thread but i have a question. i am looking for a umbilical for my supratek and the only place i know that makes one is guess who? my question is there appears to be someone named "audiohottie" on audiogon selling a lot of brad's cables. i bought one from her for an older supratek that i no longer have. the upshot is, it took MONTHS to get her to send the cable, and i had to eventually file a dispute with audiogon to get it. sound familiar? is brad still banned from agon, and if so, could it be...

That's pretty hardcore, to change your sex just to keep your business going.
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #130 of 159
If you need a specific cable, post a "want to buy" thread in the DIY Forum.

A number of Head-Fi'ers build cables and I am sure one of them can build the cable you need. You'll be able to find someone with good references and turnaround time, too.

May 16, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #131 of 159
I wish I had read this before ordering from RAL in January.  First he didn't send the cable.  Then he sent me shipping info, without delivering to the Post Office (apparently this isn't a new trick for Brad).  Then he sent me the cable with the wrong connectors.  Then he didn't respond to my emails for 3 weeks.  And finally, I received my cable in the mail today.

Brad is not a crook or dishonest.  It's more a problem with understanding how to run a business or how to handle customer service.  I received my cable after much consternation.  If you're willing to wait 4-6months for your cable and probably not know anything in the meantime, that may be fine for you. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #132 of 159
for what it's worth:  i ordered two umbilical power cords from brad on march 3 and i received them earlier today, march 7.  3 days from florida to colorado is super fast.  brad sent tracking info and followed up today to confirm receipt and check my experience with the cables.  my experience with brad has been completely opposite to what i've read here.  perhaps, i just got really lucky.  had i read this forum first, i may have avoided ordering -though he appears the only one making umbilical cords for the jeff rowland synergy and cadence phono stage preamps.  thankfully, i found this thread after i received my order else i may have missed the pleasant experience i've enjoyed thus far with these cables.

brad has been super responsive and accomodating -close to the best i've experienced.  perhaps, his attempt to repair a seemingly damaged reputation -at least according to this thread.

the cables seemed very high quality and my initial impression indicates that they do noticeably improve the sound of my system -[size=10pt]seemingly greater transparency and resolution, expanded sound stage and tighter bass definition.  could all be my imagination.  does it matter?  perception = reality.  [/size]i'll know better in a few weeks when i revert to the former cables and compare.  i expect that i will order cables from RAL again.

personally, i feel quite comfortable ordering from brad again.  good luck.  be joy.

btw, i have no affiliation with RAL or brad. 

i found the following: 
--  http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Vtech2000
out of 440 feedback received over an apparent span of 10 years, buyers awarded brad 438 positive feedback and two neutrals and zero negative.  from glancing through the reviews i found no criticism about the quality of his product -just the opposite.

my conclusion:  brad's no crook.  though he may occasionally provide less than stellar service, he appears to well-intentioned.

my $0.02

be joy.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #133 of 159
I will add my recent experience with RAL. I ordered a mini to mini cable about 2 weeks ago, and it arrived today. Maybe this means Brad has turned over a new leaf, and as the previous poster pointed out, he does have a lot of satisfied customers.

I had used previously owned RAL cables in my system, and it is one of the few cables where I can easily hear a difference in my system. The new cable already sounds really great in my system. It was burned in by RAL on their cable cooker, but has not burned in at all on my system, and it already sounds better than the silver mini to mini that it replaced.

It was only $79 and I paid with paypal so I figured there was not a lot of risk. I hope he is intent on restoring his reputation, and wish him all of the best. My experience was very positive, and note that I also have no affiliation with Brad or RAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back