Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Apr 7, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #272 of 418
ok---might be a dumb question. Does Reveal work with iPhones? I don't use a computer to listen. Currently my Android phone and a Dac, but I was thinking of switching to an iPhone of Reveal works with it. I have a LCD i3.
The cipher lightning cable has the reveal DSP and if you use that cable with the lcd-i3 you can use the audeze app, but you wont be able to amp the signal further if you decide you aren't happy with that.

Apr 8, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #273 of 418
The cipher lightning cable has the reveal DSP and if you use that cable with the lcd-i3 you can use the audeze app, but you wont be able to amp the signal further if you decide you aren't happy with that.

Sure, desktop is easy but for on the go with iOS, you basically either need a player like VOX or ROON or a device like the Quidelix 5k that can apply a parametric EQ

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #277 of 418
Any way to try this before buying? Reveal +?
Yes just download and you can try the Aural-map personalized 3D spatialization feature for free. The Audeze preset portion of the plugin is free and will always remain free.

Just updated to version 1.4.1. Now seeing 4 different filter options under the LCD-2 selection. Anyone able to explain the difference between the 4?
The Reveal+ plugin now offers four filters. the zero-latency filter uses minphase filters, there will not be any audible delay and is useful for live monitoring and also for watching videos where lip-sync may be an issue.

There are also three linear filter options (low, medium latency and high quality). All three are linear filters and subjectively sound better in terms of clarity and imaging but have a latency (in increasing order). For music listening latency should not be an issue. My preference is the high quality filter which has has about 1.5 seconds of latency for Redbook material.
Um how do I use the ear map thingy with the Audeze HQ iphone app, it says email isnt matched to the reveal plugin...... how do I get that?
If you download the latest version of Reveal+, you can you can register from the plugin. We have made it more freindly.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #278 of 418
Yes just download and you can try the Aural-map personalized 3D spatialization feature for free. The Audeze preset portion of the plugin is free and will always remain free.

The Reveal+ plugin now offers four filters. the zero-latency filter uses minphase filters, there will not be any audible delay and is useful for live monitoring and also for watching videos where lip-sync may be an issue.

There are also three linear filter options (low, medium latency and high quality). All three are linear filters and subjectively sound better in terms of clarity and imaging but have a latency (in increasing order). For music listening latency should not be an issue. My preference is the high quality filter which has has about 1.5 seconds of latency for Redbook material.

If you download the latest version of Reveal+, you can you can register from the plugin. We have made it more freindly.
I've installed it.
But when I go to the Audeze folder, I don't find the vst3 file plug ins.

In fact its all empty

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #279 of 418
I've installed it.
But when I go to the Audeze folder, I don't find the vst3 file plug ins.

In fact its all empty
Plugins are typically in standard plugin folders unlike apps. Below are couple of paths you can look at depending on whether your host accepts 64bit or 32bit versions

1592869144961.png

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #280 of 418
The high quality linear filter sounds amazing with my LCD-X. I’m using Audirvana and a Chord Hugo 2.

The imaging is excellent and my reference track - My Narrow Man by Gwyneth Herbert - sounds almost ‘holographic’.

Thanks for the software update...

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #281 of 418
Doing the trial of Reveal+ 1.4.1, and in all of the 3 Linear Phase modes there is a noticeable delayed doubling of the vocals in the background, almost like an echo. Changing to Minimum Phase solves the issue. Both studios and speaker combos seem to have the the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Using LCD-X thru A+ for Windows and Mojo.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #282 of 418
Doing the trial of Reveal+ 1.4.1, and in all of the 3 Linear Phase modes there is a noticeable delayed doubling of the vocals in the background, almost like an echo. Changing to Minimum Phase solves the issue. Both studios and speaker combos seem to have the the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? Using LCD-X thru A+ for Windows and Mojo.
  1. Are you using your personal profile or the generic profile?
  2. Does this happen if you turn off Aural map and just use the Audeze presets for LCD-X?
  3. To see if the problem is specific to A+, will it be possible for you to try it with Jriver (Trial version)? You can enable Jriver windows driver, point the Tidal app to play through Jriver. Then inside Jriver add Reveal+ plugin and set the output of Jriver to your DAC.

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #283 of 418
I’m getting the same result in MacOS Audirvana. I’m using the free version of Reveal+

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #284 of 418
I also MUCH prefer the EQ of 1.3.1 over 1.4.1 on my LCD-4

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #285 of 418
The high quality linear filter sounds amazing with my LCD-X. I’m using Audirvana and a Chord Hugo 2.

The imaging is excellent and my reference track - My Narrow Man by Gwyneth Herbert - sounds almost ‘holographic’.

Thanks for the software update...
I forgot to mention that I’m using a MacBook Air running Catalina, and no issues with echoes etc as far as I can tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back