Revamp Acoustics
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #586 of 765
Last batch Nuansa P1 is only 2pcs again in stock.
When it sold out, I will not to start a new batch again for a while.
Because I need my time to developing a new line of Revamp Acoustics product.
Not a new Amp, DAC or DAP. maybe you can guess what is that?

Regards,
TJ.
Headphone, but I'm still interested in the opamp you are/were working on.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #587 of 765
Last batch Nuansa P1 is only 2pcs again in stock.
When it sold out, I will not to start a new batch again for a while.
Because I need my time to developing a new line of Revamp Acoustics product.
Not a new Amp, DAC or DAP. maybe you can guess what is that?

Regards,
TJ.

Excited for the announcement of your next project @tjstyle!

And me the second one, but also the A1 if it is able to drive the Hifiman He560

No offense to TJ's gear, but I'd highly recommend using desktop gear for HE560, bro...

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #588 of 765
Hello, My player emits a slight clicking noise when I turn the volume knob. Also, I am experiencing some slight distortion when playing both mp3 and flac music files. How do I resolve these issues?

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #589 of 765
Hello, My player emits a slight clicking noise when I turn the volume knob. Also, I am experiencing some slight distortion when playing both mp3 and flac music files. How do I resolve these issues?

Is your P1 running original software or have you updated the firmware (and which version)?

Not sure about the volume knob noise; might wanna send a message to @tjstyle for help with that. Try the support link at the site as well.

I used to get intermittent clipping on hi-res files but the later firmwares solved that. Also (though it may not matter with the newer software), have you tried removing tags from your files? It might help. I've used a program called mp3tag but Foobar can also do it (though a bit trickier to execute).

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #590 of 765
Is your P1 running original software or have you updated the firmware (and which version)?

Not sure about the volume knob noise; might wanna send a message to @tjstyle for help with that. Try the support link at the site as well.

I used to get intermittent clipping on hi-res files but the later firmwares solved that. Also (though it may not matter with the newer software), have you tried removing tags from your files? It might help. I've used a program called mp3tag but Foobar can also do it (though a bit trickier to execute).

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #591 of 765
I received the P1 this week and I installed firmware 2.0.5. I will try removing tags from my music to see if that helps. As far as the volume knob, when I turn it right or left, there are certain areas that make a slight noise when I pass upon them. They are consistent.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #592 of 765

Try a different opamp...that will usually address both issues that you are describing. The volume knob noise is likely from some offset voltage.

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #595 of 765
So I should open the P1 and replace some of the circuitry?
No circuitry needs to be replaced. The opamp is in a socket so it is very easy to replace...plug and play. That is the first step I would take in troubleshooting the problem. You only need to remove the 2 bottom screws on the front and the 2 bottom screws on the back and the bottom lifts off, revealing the circuit board containing the socketed opamp. You do need to set aside the battery but the connector is long enough that you don't need to unplug it.

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #596 of 765
No circuitry needs to be replaced. The opamp is in a socket so it is very easy to replace...plug and play. That is the first step I would take in troubleshooting the problem. You only need to remove the 2 bottom screws on the front and the 2 bottom screws on the back and the bottom lifts off, revealing the circuit board containing the socketed opamp. You do need to set aside the battery but the connector is long enough that you don't need to unplug it.

I will give it a shot. Any recommended
Opamps? Thanks.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #597 of 765

I'd still say be careful opening any device and replacing a swappable part. The P1 comes with a Muses02 which is arguably among the best oem size opamps and somewhat expensive at around $40 each.

Haven't done any swaps in my P1 yet but I did swap out opamps in a portable amp and sound card a couple nights ago. Didn't have the right puller tool and ended up badly warping the pins on 1 opamp. Thankfully it wasn't damaged (just had to bend pins back in place) but I'd still be kicking myself had that happened with a more expensive opamp.

Also, TJ hinted about a custom opamp and showed a pic of it inside the P1 but no confirmation yet if he'll be offering them for sale.

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #599 of 765
I have a P1 ordered! So hyped!
Congrats! It's a very minimal player in terms of usage, but far from minimal in terms of sound quality. The internal amp is so powerful too. I hope you'll like it. It's a great complement to anyone's collection IMO. None boots and plays faster than P1, very simple to use.

Have you tried with firmware 1.0.9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back