Returning HD428's. Unless...
Feb 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kiraaaa

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I purchased my first "real" pair of headphones 2 weeks ago when my steelseries headset broke :frowning2:
I decided to get a pair of Sennheisers since I've always heard good things about them, plus I had bestbuy giftcards :D
I enjoy them for music listening, although I'm no audio expert. But the thing is, they're closed ear and so I can't hear when my parents are calling me for dinner, and they get pretty annoyed.. LOL
Also, I mostly game and play FPS games, so positioning is important. With these headphones, I can't really tell where noises are coming from.

So my question is: Will burning in my headphones some more help with sound positioning?
If not, I think I'm just gonna return them for a refund.
Some info: I've used them for about 50+ hours now.
Sound card: SoundBlaster Audigy SE

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Grab a Fostex T50RP and mod it.  It's imaging is top notch.
I would have recommended AD700, but T50 blows that headphone clean out of the galaxy, I am finding.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Why not just use speakers on low volume around the time you know you're about to have dinner (if you enjoy the sound from the hd428)? Using open or closed headphones makes it difficult to hear anyone from a distance, although an open design will help you hear outside noise better as well as have better soundstage for gaming.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 6
T50 would count as semi-open.  lol

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Grab a Fostex T50RP and mod it.  It's imaging is top notch.
I would have recommended AD700, but T50 blows that headphone clean out of the galaxy, I am finding.

As much as I like the T50RP, I doubt it is for the OP. He wanted something specifically open-back, so that he could "hear when [his] parents are calling [him] for dinner". He's a good kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back