Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM!
Nov 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #16 of 18
the only reason not to like the etys is that the bass doesn't have any "punch" it's there but not dominant. I'm no basshead but I want full frequency.

See where as I feel that even though the AD700 has lower bass It still does have impact. I feel if you've never heard the AD700 it's hard to explain them because I feel they have a unique sound that a lot of other headphones don't quite hit. After really considering the hf5 I'm worried though because honestly the only real place I use my IEM is at the gym because at work I work with this **** who feels the need to keep asking me 4000 questions an hour and freaks out if i don't respond because headphones so I'm forced to use awful Apple ear pods so I'm not isolated lol. So while Ive heard the hf5 have decent build and quite good isolation, I've read that BA drivers can be more prone to moisture and I'm just thinking if something accident csught my cord I've heard the hf5 has a habit to split where the cord enters. Obviously you own them so you know first hand so I'd love to hear your thoughts. While 110 isn't a ridiculous amount of money but at the moment I had to buy other stuff and I don't want to spend a lot if you had any solid recommendations at slightly a lower price. Thanks!

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #17 of 18
The vsd1 has a slight vshape, but its not really bassy so highs come in through. I do think the havi or ety would be better fits tho and the user above owns them so id say listen to him and get the hf5 they seem quite affordable

I've actually seen joker praise vsonic a lot and I've always been interested in the vsd1 but never knew if it would actually fit my needs and if they are durable. I got turned off from Chinese manufactures because I bought sound magic e10 back in the day which actually sound pretty good but their driver blew within a month. The havi is just interesting enough where it's a good price where I wouldn't cry if I didn't somehow break them but I'd like them to at least make it 6 months lol. Do you own the vsd1? Like I've said I've heard joker actually praise them for IEM in that price range.

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 18
Also, it seems like the 40-60 dollar range is FLOODED with so many decent looking headphones but it seems that it's hard to get a good opinion on them and it's hard because I don't know anyone who buys anything more then 15 dollar IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back