Reterminating my GS-1000 to balanced
Jan 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

XXII

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to reterminate my GS-1000 to balanced 4-pin XLR. I think the cable has 4 wires so this should be possible. Can someone confirm this?

My question: The wire soldered to the tip is L+, the wire soldered to the ring is R+, How can you tell which of the two wires soldered to the sleeve is L- and which is R-?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm really a beginner when it comes to this sort of thing...

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 6
yep no problem, if there is 4 wires (as is the case with most HP cables) You just need to find which is which and off you go. balanced GS1000. why dont you do a recable while you are there??
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 6
I can't think of anything other than opening the cups and see what cable carries what signal with a multimeter.

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 6
Just use a multimeter and measure the resistance. I just did it yesterday testing my K701 balanced through one driver. I knew the red wire was right + and yellow was left +. The other 2 wires were black and white so just measure both combinations and one will give you close to the rated impedance of the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back