1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

resurrecting old threads?

Next

Last
  1. daycart1 Contributor
    I often find it interesting to get new input on an old thread. (Of course it depends on how good the old thread is). Others seem to think it is not a good thing.
    What do you think?

2. mclaren20
    Well never see another "be a man thread" as good as the first, so I say bump them up!

3. Music Fanatic
    You know, we had exactly this same poll within the last three months, and I'd cite a link to it, if it wasn't so painful to use the search feature of this site.

But, in part, since search here is so painful, reviving old threads should be encouraged!

4. donovansmith Contributor
    Reviving old threads is kind of senseless since many of the people that posted in them don't even post here any more. They are also usually quite out-of-date when pulled up. I think a duplicate thread is better since it will be more relevant to the current opinions of the board as well as having current information.

5. KR... Contributor
    Quote:

[​IMG]

6. tortie Contributor
    There are many old threads that have very good info for those who have recently joined headfi. I think if the topic/info is appropriate, resurrecting old threads are ok.

7. Zanth Contributor
    If it is important...and new input can be provided I am for it. I would prefer this than the same info being reposted again and again. Saves on bandwidth too [​IMG]

8. hottyson
    Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
    You know, we had exactly this same poll within the last three months, and I'd cite a link to it, if it wasn't so painful to use the search feature of this site.

But, in part, since search here is so painful, reviving old threads should be encouraged!

Yeah, how many times have you spelled something wrong or forgot to click "display as posts" or something and then.............................................. .................................................. .....had to wait the 30 seconds to do another search.

You sit there feeling like an idiot counting to 30. 1...2...3...4...5.............................

[​IMG]

9. spaceman Contributor
    I'd rather see the posting of old threads rather than the creation of a lot of new ones dealing with the same subject matter.

10. Oddball
    I'd prefer a new thread with a link to the old so newbies like me don't get confused about why people are talking about Sony's hot new player the D-25.

So...it's a mix. I don't always realize that the thread's been resurrected until I get to the last few posts. It's not in my habit to look at the dates posted.

11. Music Fanatic
    Of course, another option would be force all new members to read through all the detritus that is the head-fi archives in the proverbial search for Au. We could then have a head-fi trivia search that each new member (or, what the heck, old members too) would need to pass to earn the right to post.

12. D-EJ915
    That would be an incredibly hard test to pass, I don't think we would get any new members if we did that.

13. Mr.PD Contributor
    I like recycling old threads. It seems wasteful to start a new thread on the same topic that has been discussed in an older thread. Plus, when you dredge up an old thread, it show that you actually used the search button, this quiets those that love to shriek "SEARCH".[​IMG]

14. Tyll Hertsens Contributor
    I don't mind dredging up old stuff. In addition I'd reall love to see a "Classic Tread" area. In that case, however, I think the thread should be locked.

15. Music Fanatic
    Locking a thread should only be done when the thread is "out of control". It is nice to have initial reports and updates in a single thread, rather than scattered across multiple threads.

Next

Last