restoring original apple bootloader (uninstalling rockbox)
Dec 8, 2006 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
short version: i have a ipod 3g, if i click "restore" in itunes, will it reinstall the original apple bootloader? or if it gone, and you don't have the original, its gone forever?

long version:
i received my 3g today and install the rockbox bootloader and firmware with ease, but it work very bad because the player was extremely sluggish and the touchwheel works very very slow. i dont think i want to use it in its current development state.

i did it in the college computer, they are imaged so when you reboot you lose all the data. so now i dont have the backup of the apple bootloader anymore.

rockbox still load the apple firmware which is good, but with the rockbox bootloader, i have issues with firewire connection. is there anywhere i can download original ipod 3d bootloader or something send it to me?

Dec 8, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
short version: i have a ipod 3g, if i click "restore" in itunes, will it reinstall the original apple bootloader? or if it gone, and you have the original, its gone forever?

long version:
i received my 3g today and install the rockbox bootloader and firmware with ease, but it work very bad because the player was extremely sluggish and the touchwheel works very very slow. i dont think i want to use it in its current development state.

i did it in the college computer, they are imaged so when you reboot you lose all the data. so now i dont have the backup of the apple bootloader anymore.

rockbox still load the apple firmware which is good, but with the rockbox bootloader, i have issues with firewire connection. is there anywhere i can download original ipod 3d bootloader or something send it to me?

A restore using itunes or the ipod updater will always return the ipod to stock, bootloader and all.

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i had to uninstall it as well. i have a 1st gen nano and the thing kept freezing, wont start up, or logged in disk mode, very annoying;

Rockbox has always worked very well for me on the nano. You might want to try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back