restauRANT
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Lazarus Short

Headphoneus Supremus
First, it was T.B. I came to realize that they nuke everything. I don't use wireless technology, excepting FM tuners, avoid cell towers, etc, and eschew nuked food & drink. It destroys the food value, but you have all heard me rant on that, haven't you?

Then, it was H.T.B (you get the idea by now?). I heard thru the grapevine that they put the old food in with the new food as long as it does not stink. My daughter and son-in-law had both been complaining about diarrhea after eating there.

Then, a local mediterranean buffet was giving us the same symptoms, so we quit that. Loved to eat there, though.

Eateries are being crossed off the list more frequently now. Is anyone else experiencing:

leaving an eatery feeling unsatisfied?

have symptoms (you know) later?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the pizza buffet we quit after seeing a pool of puke on the sidewalk in front. What gives??

Laz

PS, if you're scratching your head, look for the italics in the first paragraph, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HomeTown Buffet? These abbreviations are hard to figure out..

I did NOT say that - trying to avoid trouble from thin-skinned corporate types or their lackeys. I dare to say you are a good "guesser."
L3000.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 11
Tacos, now that reminds me of a local place, and I will name this one: In A Tub. It used to be an ice cream place, but now sells tacos and the like. My ex and I got a taco there once, and it was SO greasy, that we tossed it in the trash without taking a bite. Nasty!!

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 11
Buffet pizza = bad. No go. Pizza is not a buffet food. Simple, fresh ingredients, made at home with some skill and maybe 10% of all pizza places in the world can compete with what you can make.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 11
This kind of problem is a good reason to become vegetarian, not to mention the health benefits beyond dodgy restaurants.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 11
Um, could you pm me the names? I don't eat out much, so I can't make out those names. I would like to avoid those places and save me time.

Well I would imagine that restaurants are doing this more and more often to save money. Since the rising cost of food is cutting into their profits, and if they were to raise the prices they would in turn end up loosing money, or customers. For some reason people can't connect the dots for digestive ailments and their eating habits.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #11 of 11
Totally agreed. Very few restaurants respect fresh and good ingredients. Everything is overprocessed and ruined. The rising costs indeed put a lot of pressure on restaurants but to do those kinds of hygiene errors is totally unacceptable and stupid. Getting a bad reputation or having customers throw up is NEVER worth the savings you get from the individual portions. That customer that throws up or has to sit on the toliet next day is one customer that will never come back (and certainly not recommend the place to anyone else).

Sure, most restaurants I have worked in don't work exactly according to the hygiene guidelines (this is a truth everyone has to accept), but everything I have seen has been perfectly fine i.e. things that I would also eat without a problem.

I might be slightly biased since I am a culinary student.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back