Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jun 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #661 of 2,480
Quote:
Any1 compare to Gamma2 or DAC-it? I have a Gamma2 but I am thinking its bottlenecking my system. I have a Soloist and He5Le and it just doesn't sound very transparent, and gets congested on complex recordings.

I have never heard or seen a Gamma2 but I'd be surprised if it weren't better than a Dac-It

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #663 of 2,480
Quote:
Any1 compare to Gamma2 or DAC-it? I have a Gamma2 but I am thinking its bottlenecking my system. I have a Soloist and He5Le and it just doesn't sound very transparent, and gets congested on complex recordings.

That was always the problem I had with my old Gamma2. It did really well in a number of areas, but sound stage and layering were not among them. From my admittedly limited experience, the DAC-it is better than the Gamma2 in that aspect, though maybe not better in all others. Concero is better than both imo. 

Quote:
If you think the Concero is too big : https://twitter.com/resonessence/status/343503244913422336/photo/1

Ummmm..... That's tiny. Dragonfly killer? 

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #665 of 2,480
That was always the problem I had with my old Gamma2. It did really well in a number of areas, but sound stage and layering were not among them. From my admittedly limited experience, the DAC-it is better than the Gamma2 in that aspect, though maybe not better in all others. Concero is better than both imo. 

Ummmm..... That't tiny. Dragonfly killer? 

I bit the bullet and got a MF M1DAC

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #667 of 2,480
The Concero HD should be out in a couple of weeks, if I'm not mistaken.  
size]

Maybe project86 will bestow upon us some more insider information before then.   
size]

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #668 of 2,480
Quote:
The Concero HD should be out in a couple of weeks, if I'm not mistaken.  
size]

Maybe project86 will bestow upon us some more insider information before then.   
size]

I would if I could.... it's just not public info yet. Something to do with NASA..... 
wink_face.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #670 of 2,480
Quote:
Those Concero owners, did you find a certain amp be it solid state or tubes (not headphone) best complemented the Concero ? 

Works great with both!

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #671 of 2,480
Audiostream claimed to not hear much of a difference when implementing the ifi usb power to the concero.
I have heard a few people say that the ifi did help out the concero and was a worthwhile upgrade.

I am slowly reading through this thread and have heard at least one opinion so far in this regards.
I was wondering if anyone else has any thoughts they could provide in regards to the ifi and concero combo, or some other usb power conditioner before the concero.

I guess what I am asking is there a consensus opinion as to whether the ifi does help or not ?

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #672 of 2,480
Honestly... if I had the money to spend $200 on a USB power conditioner + Concero, I would just buy the Concero HD or the X-Sabre.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #673 of 2,480
I think this really depends on your speaker/headphones.
you need highend stuff to hear the differences at this point.
concero has pretty highend sound.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #674 of 2,480
Quote:
Honestly... if I had the money to spend $200 on a USB power conditioner + Concero, I would just buy the Concero HD or the X-Sabre.
evil_smiley.gif

+1

I suppose if you had a USB connection that was on a noisy bus, or it was maxing out on the current it could deliver, the iFi could help.  

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #675 of 2,480
Pretty much what I figured, at 1/3 the cost or so I don't/didn't think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

I am going to place an order for the Concero tomorrow, I am mainly going to be using it as a usb to spdif converter.
Slotting it in between my computer and powered speakers, trying to get excited
bigsmile_face.gif
about my new budget friendly setup after losing my job
frown.gif
Completely slashed my main setup down to about 1/10th what it used to be value wise. So far so good though and I am hoping the Concero will be a good value for the price
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back