Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,296 of 2,480
Could you share the update process? Couldn't find any. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #2,298 of 2,480
Thanks. Any chance you have found the latest? V2.8

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #2,299 of 2,480
No - I have the original Concero and the latest version 2.7 will not work because Resonessence closed their update server.

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #2,301 of 2,480
Mar 4, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #2,303 of 2,480
Okay, so it still sells products but does not support them with firmware updates? Or is the update server being down just a temporary outage?
They stopped supporting firmware updates and even servers that had older versions. Not a temporary outage. Too bad they don't reply to emails as well.

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #2,304 of 2,480
@gepardcv
I have the original Concero, bought in 2013. While they've stopped selling that, they are still selling the successors, Concero HD and HP. The are no more firmware updates for any Concero on their website, suggesting they've pulled support for both "obsoleted" and "current" products.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,305 of 2,480
Last I heard, they pulled the Concero updates due to some Mac users ending up bricking their units in the process. Apparently it's an Apple thing, not sure of the details, but they probably figured it was more trouble than it was worth.

Not saying I agree with that approach but that's the scoop as I understand it.

Mar 7, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #2,306 of 2,480
I'd certainly understand that. Back in the beginning the didn't even have a Mac updater, only PC. I remember NOT updating my Concero at the time because it was working great and I didn't have ready access to a PC.

But, why pull the PC updates?

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #2,307 of 2,480
Good question. I suspect they (and this is just a guess) that they don't have anyone on staff directly to handle website stuff, and it gets done periodically through a third party contractor (or something like that). That would explain how it sometimes updates in a seemingly planned, logical fashion, while other times things just seem like last minute additions (or subtractions, as in this case). I don't know for sure though, just guessing.

Unrelated, they just launched their Fluvius network streaming player, so the company is definitely not stagnant.

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,308 of 2,480
Good question. I suspect they (and this is just a guess) that they don't have anyone on staff directly to handle website stuff, and it gets done periodically through a third party contractor (or something like that).
Probably! Even the window driver has to be downloaded from a third party website.

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,309 of 2,480
Hi Folks,

i have a problem with my Concero HP. The volume control isnt acive anymore and i have no output signal.
It powers up (red), synchronizes to blue. And all the rest works. (Filters, Buttons up down, start stop)

But no signal. When i am connecting it with headphones on, i hear a quiet click when it turns blue.
And i can hear a very quiet music signal, but not more.

I tried already a FW update, and i tried up/down buttons to activate / deactivate modi. Did not help.
One strange thing is, that my control center for audio in Windows has an deactivated volume control for this device. (Not to activate - see picture attached). In the advanced menu the volume shifter in the mixer window is down.
I can lift it up, but it immedeately falls down to zero.

Driver is working fine.

Can somebody help ?

Thanks

Attachments

• rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #2,310 of 2,480
Hi Folks,

i have a problem with my Concero HP. The volume control isnt acive anymore and i have no output signal.
It powers up (red), synchronizes to blue. And all the rest works. (Filters, Buttons up down, start stop)

But no signal. When i am connecting it with headphones on, i hear a quiet click when it turns blue.
And i can hear a very quiet music signal, but not more.

I tried already a FW update, and i tried up/down buttons to activate / deactivate modi. Did not help.
One strange thing is, that my control center for audio in Windows has an deactivated volume control for this device. (Not to activate - see picture attached). In the advanced menu the volume shifter in the mixer window is down.
I can lift it up, but it immedeately falls down to zero.

Driver is working fine.

Can somebody help ?

Thanks
Try reaching out to Resonessence, but good luck. Their customer service is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back