Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Apr 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #511 of 2,480
Regarding this Concero upgrade:

http://resonessencelabs.com/software-updates-for-concero/

What does it do and can it be done on a Mac?
How do I know what software my Concero has currently?

I do not have a windows PC....
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #515 of 2,480
Quote:
Is this available from any dealers in the US yet? Sorry if it was already posted, but I don't have time to sift.

I think it's only sold factory direct.  With UPS worldwide expedited shipping, I received it in less than 3 working days on literally the other side of the continent.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #516 of 2,480
I just put my order in this morning for bundle. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #518 of 2,480
I just put my order in this morning for bundle. 

Nice! Please post your impressions when you get some hours logged with it.

If only this wasn't powered by usb :frowning2:
Maybe when I need a portable dac and on the go.

Don't write it off just on that basis alone... You really have to hear it to believe how far they are getting it to go from "mere" USB power.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #519 of 2,480
It's more along the lines of not everywhere in my house has a usb lol .
Like would 'any' usb port work?
Would a dvd player usb work?
Someone was selling it cause he didn't have a clean power supply or whatever.

I don't know, still got a few weeks to decide.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #520 of 2,480
In my experience, the USB plug on the back of most DVD players and the like is there simply for firmware updates or, occasionally, reading external hard drives. I don't think it's very common for DVD players to output audio via USB. Of course, there could be exceptions... Might want to google the make and model to find a manual online and check it out. 

One note, if you only move around occasionally and wouldn't mind a bit of a hassle, you could do something like the Squeezebox Touch with the EDO plugin, which actually does output digital audio via USB, and by most accounts sounds pretty terrific. Only problem is that Logitech discontinued them... 
size]

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #523 of 2,480
Quote:
In my experience, the USB plug on the back of most DVD players and the like is there simply for firmware updates or, occasionally, reading external hard drives. I don't think it's very common for DVD players to output audio via USB. Of course, there could be exceptions... Might want to google the make and model to find a manual online and check it out. 

One note, if you only move around occasionally and wouldn't mind a bit of a hassle, you could do something like the Squeezebox Touch with the EDO plugin, which actually does output digital audio via USB, and by most accounts sounds pretty terrific. Only problem is that Logitech discontinued them... 
size]

The Concero does not work with the Squeezebox Touch through USB.
I told Mark Levinson about that and they are working on a solution.
There's a fix for the linux ALSA kernel that seem to solve the issues with other asynchronous USB chips (like the CMedia used by Schiit and the VT1731 chip used by Audio-GD).
This fix might well work for the Concero too, but for now I couldn't find a fixed kernel for the SBT.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #524 of 2,480
Quote:

There's a fix for the linux ALSA kernel that seem to solve the issues with other asynchronous USB chips (like the CMedia used by Schiit and the VT1731 chip used by Audio-GD).
This fix might well work for the Concero too, but for now I couldn't find a fixed kernel for the SBT.

He probably doesn't care. But Mark Mallinson might. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #525 of 2,480

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back