Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Feb 8, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #2,476 of 2,480
Just wanted to give an update on the broken Invicta. So far Hans Looman does not responded to two Emails. So no help from there.

I tried to understand if the FPGA is programmable by using the internal socket seen below (picture from upper and lower side of the board). So far I was not able to understand how it connects to the FPGA pins needed to program it via a USB JTAG interface such as the AMD HW-USB-II-G. Its hard to understand the connections without having a blueprint or being able to remove the FPGA (which I am not able to). Maybe that socket isn't even implemented to do that. I is just a good guess - but why would they put it there? what other purpose could it serve?.

Another 4000$ wasted. Thanks Resonessence.

I will get the Cayin CS100 DAC to try in week or so...
Oberseite.jpg
Unterseite.jpg

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #2,477 of 2,480
Yuck, sorry to hear that. It is indeed very disappointing as far as how the whole thing was handled. A company that had always been superb with customer service and support, suddenly going dark with no communication to anyone (including dealers)? That's terrible.

Unfortunately the things which made their gear unique, particularly the Invicta platform, was the custom FPGA code - which also makes it far more difficult to repair as compared to a more standard DAC just using all off-the-shelf parts with no proprietary solutions involved.

I had hoped Hans would get back to you but apparently he lost interest or just became too busy with other things. If I come across any new/useful info I'll be sure to add it here but at this point I don't have very high hopes.

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #2,478 of 2,480
Yuck, sorry to hear that. It is indeed very disappointing as far as how the whole thing was handled. A company that had always been superb with customer service and support, suddenly going dark with no communication to anyone (including dealers)? That's terrible.

Unfortunately the things which made their gear unique, particularly the Invicta platform, was the custom FPGA code - which also makes it far more difficult to repair as compared to a more standard DAC just using all off-the-shelf parts with no proprietary solutions involved.

I had hoped Hans would get back to you but apparently he lost interest or just became too busy with other things. If I come across any new/useful info I'll be sure to add it here but at this point I don't have very high hopes.
Thank you.

Btw - still eager to hear your final review of the Cayin.

Oct 4, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #2,480 of 2,480
Thanks @capetownwatches for the driver ASIO 4.38.0 and...

Driver ASIO v4.67.0

Personally I haven't installed them yet because I packed the Concero HP for a future sale. I would really appreciate the judgment of those who want to try them.

Thanks @capetownwatches for the driver ASIO 4.38.0 and...

Thesycon.jpg

Driver ASIO v4.67.0

Personally I haven't installed them yet because I packed the Concero HP for a future sale. I would really appreciate the judgment of those who want to try them.
i' m interested in Concero HP
Do you sell it already ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back