RESOLVED Shure SE535 issue - L channel distortion
Apr 21, 2022 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tensleep80

New Head-Fier
I finally had the time to sort this one today.

Earlier this month, I purchased two pair of NIB Shure SE535 and a second hand ifi Hip Dac to go with my Google 6 Pro and to gift one pair of the IEM for my son. On the first pair of IEM, I noticed that the left channel had distortion. I subsequently tried the IEM with my headphone output on my Marants 8802a and my Rotel RA 870-BX. I thought I heard the distortion reduce/go away and deduced that the problem was with the Hip Dac.

I also wanted the convenience of bluetooth as an alternative, so I purchased the Shure bluetooth adapter. Upon receiving that device today, I set up the troubled SE535 and the distortion was still there. I decided to try the second pair of Shures - what my son doesn't know won't hurt him, right? Well, they are working flawlessly with all upstream devices.

Now to see if Shure can help with the damaged pair.

May 6, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Late last month, I contacted Shure customer support through their website and opened a case ticket. Shure customer support promptly emailed RMA paperwork. Shortly after that, I double boxed my IEMs with all the accessories and sent it all back to Shure, UPS.

Shure's support department stayed in contact, letting me know when they had received the parts ES535s. Within 3 days of receiving the parts, they sent notice they'd completed repairs and HAS return shipped them to me.

I received the box today from UPS with all my stuff. I can't tell if they repaired or just simply replaced the monitors. They were in separate plastic baggies, packed in the original box. The cables and such were also packed in a separate bag, instead of in the clamshell. No indication was given of what they did, if repairs were made. I suspect they just replaced the faulty unit. It seems that both monitors are new.

This afternoon, I took the time to set them up with my ifi hip-dac, using my Pixel 6 Pro as the source. I was in sonic bliss.

All I had to pay was shipping to Shure - they covered return shipping. They requested no payment whatsoever. Based on this experience, I can highly recommend Shure as a company that stands behind their products. I can also recommend the sound quality of their in-ear monitors - these things are awesome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back