Resolved: Missing In-Thread Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 12
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.41.23 pm.png

Still there, just moved I guess.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 12
As others have mentioned, the search isn't quite as easy and user friendly as it used to be. The old search bar embedded in the forum, sub-forum and post were a great tool.

The new search icon with drop down box works, but isn't as smooth a transition. Maybe the new forum software doesn't include a way to put that search bar on each page.

Instead is it possible to change the order of the default search area in the drop down menu in each 'area'?

Ie: under forum, it defaults to search 'all forums'.
Under a sub-forum it defaults to search 'this forum'.
And of course in a thread it defaults to search 'this thread'.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 12
The in-thread and in-subforum search box is missing from the new interface, which makes searching much more difficult. I read earlier that the in-thread box will be added later - that's great, but hope you guys do not forget to add the in-subforum search box as well.

Another problem I am reporting is that sorting in advanced search seems not working properly. Say, I want to find some newly listed tubes from the For Sale/Cables, Speakers, Accessories sub-forum using the keyword "tube". In advanced search if I choose the default Order by Relevance, then I will get a bunch of DISORDERED threads, mostly from couple of years ago (hence useless). If I choose Order by Most Recent, then the search will return nothing. So I think either sorting or advanced search is not working properly.

Also I think while the default Order by Relevance should be OK for most searches, Order by Most Recent (or time) should be the appropriate default sorting order for For Sale sub-forums as well as in-thread search.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 12
Forum search is broken for me too - it shows very incomplete results. Please return the old site. Thank you!

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 12
Unfortunately we had to temporarily disable the in-thread quick search during the recent update, but rest assured it's on its way back. We love the quick search too, so our team is working hard to get it ready to go again.

Cool.

In the meantime is it possible to default all searches to most recent?

This would make the current search easier than having to go into advanced everytime. That and advanced doesn't allow easy searching in individual threads.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 12
Unfortunately we had to temporarily disable the in-thread quick search during the recent update, but rest assured it's on its way back. We love the quick search too, so our team is working hard to get it ready to go again.

I can accept that the Quick Search function was temporarily disabled but even using the regular search function does not yield complete results. It would show only 3 results when I can scroll through the forum and see way more than that.

Please fix it as sellers and buyers can't find each other.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 12
Here's an example of a search problem that may help diagnosis. I searched for Steve Roach in The Free FLAC Thread (to ensure I wasn't double posting) :-

https://www.head-fi.org/search/65304/?q=STEVE+ROACH&t=post&c[thread]=644595&o=relevance

It used to produce results in date order but now it doesn't. There's also a lot more Steve Roach stuff in that thread which it's not retrieving.

On the plus side, the forum looks pretty slick :ballot_box_with_check:

EDIT. Cheers for adding the 'Search this thread bar'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back