Resistance of cables; pics, comments, and links
Nov 27, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #228 of 407
38720B01-1DC9-4A8A-905B-37A31F57FCF8.png A239AA7E-458E-464A-B3A6-13E34F8974E6.png Hakuzen, thanks so much. What a tremendous effort you have done for the head-fi community! I have already bought a few cables based on your recommendations and now ready for the top cable in your list: 175. One question for you, in this link, two 8-wire cables are listed under the options. They look different and the text on the pictures are different- are they the same thing or not?

Https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MMELrW3O

Also the title of page says gold and silver...

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #229 of 407
Hakuzen, thanks so much. What a tremendous effort you have done for the head-fi community! I have already bought a few cables based on your recommendations and now ready for the top cable in your list: 175. One question for you, in this link, two 8-wire cables are listed under the options. They look different and the text on the pictures are different- are they the same thing or not?

Subject to correction i think the only difference is the sleeve colour of the OCC copper (Ohno Continuous Casting) portion is blue

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #231 of 407
Hakuzen, thanks so much. What a tremendous effort you have done for the head-fi community! I have already bought a few cables based on your recommendations and now ready for the top cable in your list: 175. One question for you, in this link, two 8-wire cables are listed under the options. They look different and the text on the pictures are different- are they the same thing or not?

yes, confirmed. cryo up-occ copper litz wire is available with two different sleeves: transparent (so you see the copper color), and translucent blue (the color changes depending of the light); you can check the new photos i added to the database recently to get an idea of the result color when using the translucent blue sleeve.

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #232 of 407
Nov 27, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #233 of 407
yes, confirmed. cryo up-occ copper litz wire is available with two different sleeves: transparent (so you see the copper color), and translucent blue (the color changes depending of the light); you can check the new photos i added to the database recently to get an idea of the result color when using the translucent blue sleeve.

Thanks for confirming! They both look great. Any perceivable difference in terms of softness of the two color versions?

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #236 of 407
Dec 22, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #237 of 407
Effect Audio VOUGE series

Conductivity :
Based on cable length 1,2 Meters :

Maestro : 169,7... 224,1...194,1...174,2 mOhm
4C 26AWG UP-OCC Copper Litz 2pin 2,5TRRS

Virtuoso : 172,8... 190,3...186,6...243 mOhm
4C 26AWG UP-OCC SPC Litz 2pin 2,5TRRS

Grandioso : 173,5... 161,1...171,7...164,1mOhm
4C 26AWG UP-OCC Silver Copper Hybrid Litz 2pin 2,5TRRS

IMO, at Grandioso, the Silver material used is not SPC, this based on my sound impression, that the cable more on true Silver characteristic... and some how similar like signature like 175, but less wide soundstage and More MidCentric (Vocal still Dominate).

Price is higher, and Grandioso give 4 core only... unfortunately...

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #238 of 407
Hi guys,
I well received my 175 (4 cores version) ! :)

I decided to change my mind and give a new chance to Electro Acousti store, and I am so happy I did that!
This cable is truely a killer one in both look and sound.
More impressions to come but from the first hours with that I spent, its already my best cable ever and (to me) a better upgrade from 210, (especially in transparency which more sound like the S4 in this area).
I can hear details in some tracks that I never heared before, incredible.
Thank you so much @hakuzen for the recommendation of this cable

Here is some photos (that I took today) to share with you guys :

global.jpg
plug.jpg
mmcx.jpg
ensemble.jpg
zoom.jpg

My only reproach is the black heatshrink coming out from the plug, nothing really annoying anyway but I hoped a transparent like the other parts for the perfect look :
mistake.jpg

Cheers' :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #239 of 407
nice detailed pics, thanks! i'm very glad you gave another chance to electro acousti, because every people who had any issue with them, have reported their excellent customer support to me, except in your past case.
and glad you enjoy 175 as much as i do. yea, the details in upper-mids and highs are a remarkable difference between ag-au wire and the rest. can't live anymore without that detailed ringing decay.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #240 of 407
@hakuzen
could you compare cable no 194 vs cable no 175 4 core?
which is better?

and whats the different between AWG 26 or 28 "OCC Headphone Upgrade Line 7N UP-OCC COPPER" cables?
does different AWG gives different in sounds?
that wire was used in cable cable 172 / 179

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back