Reshelling in-ear monitors
Jul 23, 2018 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys!
I have some IEM's at home that I would like to reshell into custom IEMs. Are there any companies that can do this for me? It would be better if they were EU based, but it's okay even if they were overseas.
I would provide custom molds.

Thanks for the help :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi guys!
I have some IEM's at home that I would like to reshell into custom IEMs. Are there any companies that can do this for me? It would be better if they were EU based, but it's okay even if they were overseas.
I would provide custom molds.

Thanks for the help :)
Hi

Seems that reshelling has really fallen out of favour with most ciem companies preferring to (understandably) push their own products instead.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 5
I think the problem with a re-shell is you have all the labor of creating a new IEM plus all the labor of pulling the drivers from the other product which may be time consuming as well.
The purchaser's expectation is usually that re-shelling will be substantially less expensive than buying a custom IEM even though labor is equal or more and the amount saved by reusing drivers may be less than $25 depending on the drivers that are in use.
I cant blame the makers for not wanting to spend time re-shelling somebody else's product at a break even cost.

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Check with Perfect-Seal. At one point they were doing it starting at $200 which is as cheap as I have seen it offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back