Reshelling Blon Bl03 to fix driver flex? Any advice appreciated
May 21, 2021 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iemtsky

New Head-Fier
My Bl03 has a driver flex and I think it's because of the vent being blocked by my ear. Some say it's the death of an IEM. :frowning2:

If it is indeed so, I have low hopes for it being replaced so I'm looking ahead now for possible fixes. One of it is to reshell the drivers into a more agreeable housing.

I do not have any materials yet but I'm guessing I'll need a soldering iron and maybe contact cement along with some small screwdrivers. Any advice on this is appreciated.

Here's the housings I'm planning to use:
Diy Earphone shell Zinc aluminum alloy moving iron pin socket male mold private film earphone shell ear shell
One Pair DIY 10mm Zinc alloy Earphone Shell Metal Shell 10mm Earbuds Housing Case Cavity With female MMCX (1 Pair)

Don't mind the price, I just searched aliexpress for the housings I've found in the local shopping app. Both can house 10mm drivers, and the Bl03 has a 10mm driver.

Can I use the stock cable ports of the Bl03? I do not have an MMCX cable. If I can't I'll just take the hit and buy an MMCX cable or try harder to find an angled female 2-pin to male MMCX adapter, if there are any. This is the dealbreaker though, at this point it's cheaper to just buy a new Bl03. But it's not guaranteed that it won't have the same issue so.. I might just ask or search for instead of an upgrade in terms of smoothness and tonality in a separate post lol.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back