Require assistance with wiring my new Shiit stack.
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gobonono

New Head-Fier
My overall goal is to send a signal to my Magni 2 Uber from my AT-LP120. I have an Onkyo TX-8020 receiver, which has a phono preamp, but how will I forward that signal to my Magni 2? Could I just buy some cables like these to connect my amp to the speaker set B on the receiver? Also, would it be at all beneficial to play that signal through the Modi 2 standalone DAC? Do Vinyl signals get anything out of DAC's? Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 7
  My overall goal is to send a signal to my Magni 2 Uber from my AT-LP120. I have an Onkyo TX-8020 receiver, which has a phono preamp, but how will I forward that signal to my Magni 2? Could I just buy some cables like these to connect my amp to the speaker set B on the receiver? 

TT to TX8020 Phono Input, then TX8020 Tape Out to Magni2 Uber.

Also, would it be at all beneficial to play that signal through the Modi 2 standalone DAC? Do Vinyl signals get anything out of DAC's? Thanks for any assistance in advance!

You can't. At all. DAC means Digital to Analogue Converter. To run a TT output through a DAC you need to run it through an ADC then the DAC. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 7
The ATlp120 has a built-in pre-amp

You should be able to switch the output to "line" and connect it directly to the Magni without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back