Request - need UPC scan of Senn HD555
Jul 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chuckecheez

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a new set of Sennheiser HD555's and submitted for the current $30 upgrade rebate. Of course, they send me a rejection notice saying invalid UPC and now want me to mail a copy. I am usually pretty good about storing my rebate info, but somehow misplaced the UPC scan. I have everything but the UPC, so I was hoping that somebody might have a scanned copy that they could email? Or is there an easy way of finding a copy on a vendor's site?

Thanks in advance. Reading this site has become my new favorite hobby.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckecheez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased a new set of Sennheiser HD555's and submitted for the current $30 upgrade rebate. Of course, they send me a rejection notice saying invalid UPC and now want me to mail a copy. I am usually pretty good about storing my rebate info, but somehow misplaced the UPC scan. I have everything but the UPC, so I was hoping that somebody might have a scanned copy that they could email? Or is there an easy way of finding a copy on a vendor's site?

Thanks in advance. Reading this site has become my new favorite hobby.

I thought you had to send them the original UPC in order to get the rebate. If you allowed to send a scanned one, wouldn't everyone be able to get the rebate, even without purchasing the item.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you had to send them the original UPC in order to get the rebate. If you allowed to send a scanned one, wouldn't everyone be able to get the rebate, even without purchasing the item.

I did send the original in the first submission. For some reason, they do allow a copy in a resubmission request. In addition to the UPC, they also require a valid receipt with the correct date range, so that would prevent unauthorized requests.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckecheez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did send the original in the first submission. For some reason, they do allow a copy in a resubmission request. In addition to the UPC, they also require a valid receipt with the correct date range, so that would prevent unauthorized requests.

Thanks for the info, I guess I better make a copy of my UPC just in case it happens to me.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 7
If you can find these locally (maybe Guitar Center), go to the store and snap a picture.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by user18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can find these locally (maybe Guitar Center), go to the store and snap a picture.

Wouldn't it be better to take a picture of where you cut out the UPC along with the headphones and a plea for the $30.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't it be better to take a picture of where you cut out the UPC along with the headphones and a plea for the $30.

I'm sure that's what was meant by snapping a picture. And, IF these were available locally, that's exactly what I would have done before bothering to post on a forum. The only authorized dealers around my area are Sears, Target, and Circuit City, none of which carries this model in-store.

I did manage to find a printable UPC at UPC Database: so guess I can try to use that if nobody actually has a copy from the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back