Request for fellow members
May 3, 2002 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snufkin

500+: Audio Dealer: Headphonic (Australia)
There seems to be a lot of new members arriving these days and asking for advice on headphones etc, but heaps of people are leaving out their location in the user information - it makes it difficult to recommend things without first having to ask "where are you located?"

So please - to all you new members or lurkers thinking of signing up, please at least enter which country you're in (especially you aussies
wink.gif
) so that I and my fellow ... fellows can adjust our recommendations to suit your location as well as all your aural desires!

I'm probably out of line posting this or even posting it in the wrong place, but I figure here and now is a good a place/time as any, after all lots of recommending goes on here
smily_headphones1.gif

If I am indeed out of line, feel free to smack me around or something, but I'll probably just enjoy it.

May 3, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, true - filling out the whole user profile is helpful, but the fact that your location is displayed under your nick helps a great deal for those "hi, I'm looking for $30 headphones, what should I get?" questions.

Is that $30US? $30AU ? you're in the UK but quoting $US?

The reason is that different countries get seriously different prices on headphones, the Sony V6/7506 is cheap in the US, but it's not in Australia (coming in at around $110US) so recommending them isn't always a good idea.

When it comes to Beyer and Sennheiser, Beyers are quite cheap here in Australia, but Sennheisers are insanely overpriced - so while it's a good idea now and then to recommend a certain model Sennheiser to someone, they might be better off ordering it from overseas.
eg: best price you'll find the HD600s for here is around $350US whereas the Beyer DT931 is around $190US

HP890s being another great example etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back