Replacing Shure sleeves
Sep 24, 2007 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dkg54

New Head-Fier
Anyone had difficulty changing the foam sleeves on Shure products? I wanted to try different size tips on the SE210s I just got, but the ones already on there seem to be stuck.
I used enough force when pulling that the base of the foam started to rip, and it looks like its stuck on melted on. Reluctant to try harder if its going to destroy my new kit
blink.gif

Anyone else had this problem?

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't just pull. Use a twisting motion, they should come off easily. If you're taking off foam sleeves, compress the foam first, then twist and pull.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the se110, and initially I didn't have this problem; the sleeves came off easily if I twisted them as described above.
Recently I washed the tips, and put them back on. The next day I couldn't remove them at all. like dkg54 says, it seems like the tip's plastic tube is adhered to the sound tube, and I can't get them off at all without starting to rip the sleeve.
I don't know if the washing had anything to do with it, but it's the only thing I can think of that would have effected it.

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
yeh squeeze the foam and twist and pull or pull the plastic away from earphones under the foam

Do not always work until they are stuck so hard that the base of the foam start to rip if you try anything harder. I've broke quite a few doing it that way.

Use your nail tips on the plastic base of the foams then push it out just slighly with the nails so they loose the grip on the earphone nozzle then use the twisting motion as mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back