replacing opamps in portable cdp
Sep 28, 2001 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 19
well this is really pissing me off.I can not find the information I need anywhere
mad.gif

I will open this sucker up again,just in case I screwed up the numbers even though the odds of screwing up ALL the numbers is slim,and give it one more go.
Not that I am a quitter but JEEZ LOOWEEZ
rolleyes.gif

These guys act like they are proyecting something special here.NOT !
I searched google,sony ,toshiba,edn,etc
pissin' the rickster off,not a good move man,I may just gun this bitch out the window
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2001 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 19
ok, my only tip for you is consider it a dead thing before you start. Then if it works after your surgery, WOAH dude you fixed it!! If not, well, it was worth a shot... it was broke anyway.

tongue.gif

If any of you chuckleheads (meaning rick) are insistent on doing it, SCAN YOUR BOARDS. Throw em on a flatbed scanner and do em up at 600dpi or better. At the least, shoot them. Film or digital. But get some resolution either way.

Two reasons: One, some of us are freaks and want to see... and second, you'll always forget something. you look at a chip.. 3C323D1W2... you're repeating that number to yourself as you jot it down or type it in, but it's so cryptic and in such a ****ty place and in such a TINY font... you double check... triple check... it takes forever. A scan or pic will not change though.

Be patient. You will eventually track down every chip if you know... remember especially in soic that some chips don't have **** related to what it's called... the chip might be marked "ZE3" but in the National markings catalog that's really an LM3214, which you'd never just guess. Databooks, as ppl says, are quite handy (as are manufacturer catalogs/sourcebooks)

Sep 28, 2001 at 8:30 PM Post #18 of 19
whats up apheared.Yeak I am gonna do this if it friggin kills me.The interface required for adding the digital out is diddly so I am determined to get this out of my life by doing it
cool.gif

Not really even thinking about the output stage at this time , though the digital attenuator really does have to go.Don't know yet if this is do-able without losing the rest of the dsp,such as anti-skip.Stay tuned chillins we be gonna do this bad boy yet
biggrin.gif

BTW-so damn close to final layout of the portable DAC and like a retard I check into some different chips,ordered them too
eek.gif

Now I have to do a second layout when I have everything in front of me

V1-dual polarity 5 volt supply running at fairly high current,probably experiment with some DC/DC conversion devices,just because

V2-single supply all the way through,+ 5 volts at WAY lower current.

Guess I build both and then compare,but if V2 is even close guess who wins
very_evil_smiley.gif

And some lucky person probably gets the loser FREEEEEE ! THAT'S RIGHT

AAHhahahahahahahahahaahahahaah

Sep 28, 2001 at 8:36 PM Post #19 of 19
And BTW-both are 1X DACs,or non'oversamling,or zero DACs.Just input receiver to glue logic to DAC to output stage.Of course each and every supply lead will have a ferrite bead and 10uf cap on it and the dac chip will be shunt regulated.Neither version will have an optical input at first go round,aiming for optimum sound for limited power.Bells and whistles come later.Output stage may have a buffer hanging off of it,nothing fancy -don't want to lug around a car battery and foot powered alternator to keep this baby running

Users who are viewing this thread

Back