Replacing my Monster Turbines
Dec 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Murre

Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Monster Turbine for about 8months ago, now they are broken. The metal parts started to loosen up between them and then the right one stopped working completly. I sent it back and they are now giving me a full refund. So now I'm trying to find a pair of IEMs that is in the same priceclass.

I loved the sound in the turbines but i really would like something that doesn't break so fast. I have been thinking about the monster turbine gold pro. But they seem to be made in about the same way as the turbines so not sure if the break aswell? I guess all IEMs do after a while but still... 

If you have any tips for me it would be great, i can go up to 250dollars. And if you also know a place that ships the phones you recommend to Sweden that would be great aswell:) Swedish resellers are crazy expensive as the MTPG goes for 375dollar which is kinda overpriced imo:p

But in sound way I'm both looking for something close to monster turbines and not close to them:) I love the bass and its pretty balanced for most music. But I'm not sure if I would prefer a more balanced pair of IEMs.

Also how do most people store their IEMs? When I had my turbines i only wrapped them around my player and had them in my pocket. I wasn't careless but I wasn't trying to protect them as much as I should I guess.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 13
The IE80s are basically better than the Turbines, but you really need to be a basshead to truly enjoy them. But the IE80s are a slight improvement against the IE8s. Even thought the sound stage might be a little smaller. I'm sure the IE80s would be a good upgrade, seeing the Turbines already has a lot of bass. And the IE80s are more expensive than the turbine pro golds in my country, so they might be worth it :).

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 13
For £99 you can get the TFTA 1XB's. There arent too many reviews on it but it has head pounding bass with rich vocals and sparkling highs. Be warned though, they sound VERY different depending on the tips you use on them. With 60hours of burn in and the stock tips they sounded very muddy but i changed to the ones that came with my DUNU Tridents and its a whole new beast. Still got great bass but vocals opened up and now they sound stellar.

Dunu Tridents are a good cheap option, at £19 they are built like tanks and sound pretty decent too.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 13
Wrapping around your player and sticking them in your pocket was a poor choice. It adds a lot of memory to the cable, it will break much sooner.
Next time try wrapping it using three fingers and gently putting it in the case they provide.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #6 of 13
The JVC FXT90 are avalaible on Seyo-Shop and they ship anywhere in europe with minimuim shipping charges. They(JVC FXT90) are very detailed in mids, highs with great bass response(deep, rich dynamic punchy bass like turbine) and offers superb value for the price.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 13
Not sure what to buy.... i really like the turbines, though they are the only IEMs ive had for over 50euro and i guess anything in the 150 euro price range is better then that:) The only thing I find abit annoying with the turbines is the bass which doesnt really feel balanced. And I think i would like to try a more balanced IEM.

How is the MTPG compared to turbines? Also I think the IE80 has quite a bass like turbines?

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 13
Lots of updates today:) I just bought a pair of triple fi 10. They went for about 140 euro on amazon and ive read alot of good things about them and they cost 260 euro in sweden so im happy:) Hopefully I will get them before i travel to thailand so i dont need to take my big headphones with me.

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 13
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JFJDAE

109 euro from amazon.. If you ordered from Amazon they have been known to price match and give the difference back if it was a very recent order

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Lots of updates today:) I just bought a pair of triple fi 10. They went for about 140 euro on amazon and ive read alot of good things about them and they cost 260 euro in sweden so im happy:) Hopefully I will get them before i travel to thailand so i dont need to take my big headphones with me.

Good choice :), if you're not happy with the balance of bass on the Turbines then you won't be happy with that on the IE80s, the IE80s are bass monsters and the bass basically is able to overpower anything. Therefore, vocals sound deeper than it should really be on them. The TF10 on the other hand are very balanced with good clarity, detailed highs and deep lows. Mids might be a little recessed but as far as I know, isn't really a problem. Enjoy your new IEMs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back