Replacing my Grado's
Oct 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

minusthetom

Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Westone 3's a little over a month ago for portable use. At first being a grado user I disliked the amount of bass but quickly became accustomed and began to enjoy their signature.

Trouble is going back to my sr225's I miss the warmth of the 3's finding the grado's quite harsh and uncomfortable to listen to. I've concluded that for me the level of bass from the grado's is plain unrealistic (have I just become a bass head?)

So in the price range of 100-150GBP I was wondering if anyone could suggest a suitable replacement. The phones are for home use so can be open. My main genre is alternative rock with some acoustic and pop punk.

Basically something with a warmer sound sig than the grado's which can still retain some sparkle in the high's. Certainly don't anymore bass than the 3's have to offer although I wouldn't mind it being just as punchy
regular_smile .gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 2

sampson_smith

Headphoneus Supremus
I think the Grado HF-2's would suit you admirably, if you are looking for a "warmer" Grado. But good luck getting a pair at a decent price... I hope the new Grados, whenever they come out, sound similar to the HF-2's. Here's hoping!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread