Replacing Elastics on AKG K340
Sep 11, 2009 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

audiowalker

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has recommendations or "how to" for replacing the elastics on AKG K340 headphones.

I know they can be replaced with hair elastic bands but how? And is there a particular brand that works best?

Any assistance would be appreciated and welcomed.

Kind regards ~

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Hello,

Thanks. I did see this thread some time ago and I am glad it is you. Question: was the new elastic band connected the housing that held the old elastic? I can not figure this part out from your pics.

Cheers ~

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 7
You simply replace it, old out, new in, in the same place, just make it like it was, done. As you can see the old elastic have plastic part, which fits in other part of the phones perfectly, see two small parts on picture nr.5 Basically they are holding the top of the construction, include headband, all together, one from inside and one outside ( which have the letters L and R on them ) That's where the elastic must be placed and fixed, between 2 parts using screw. The other cover, big one with K340 on it, also a part of the construction, which inst just cover the cups outside, but also holding, partially, the elastics in their place, see pic.nr 3. You may start by removing the big cover first and then the smaller one. Just be careful with big one, cos besides the screw its also clicking in their place, if I remember that well. So, when you must put it back, first you need to find that click that will hold them and then use the screw to finish it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Hi Blackmore,

Thanks. I am must be getting too old. So, I do not need to use the old plastic housing that the old elastic is attached to. Correct? I apologize for not completely understanding your instructions thoroughly. Thanks for helping me out! Cheers ~

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 7
No, no, you must use all old components to get it done, just unscrew those parts and you will see it for yourself. You replace old elastics with the new one only.
Anyhow, you may find someone in your area who can help, just ask around at DIY section, lots of DIY nuts over there DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiowalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Blackmore,

Thanks. I am must be getting too old. So, I do not need to use the old plastic housing that the old elastic is attached to. Correct? I apologize for not completely understanding your instructions thoroughly. Thanks for helping me out! Cheers ~

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Hey there,

Okay, I will try this over the weekend and if not successful, I will post a thread on the DIY forum. Thanks again for your assistance and I apologize for being so dense......

Kind regards ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back