Replacements for ER6i helmet use?
Jun 13, 2011 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Falqon

Head-Fier
I loved my Etymotic's for long bike trips, wind noise is just killer on my CBR.  Unfortunately I'm an idiot and left them at a rest stop a few months ago.

I've looked, and the new Ety's look a lot longer, I can't see that working out for a full face helmet.  What other canalphones are similiar?  I have CX300's and they don't really fit well enough, I don't think the new Shure's would either, my old e2c's didn't.

I really miss my Ety's, am I stuck paying $100 on ebay since they're discontinued? 

edit: the triple flanges were awesome for me.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
theyre on sale a lot on amazon for $50-$60 (cant remember). they always send me emails. just wait for the next sale. $79 right now

You can't buy it, it's a Beach Camera link, and they're actually sold out.  The $99 white ones might, but that's excessive for what used to be a $60 pair.  They're discontinued, any link on Google Products for less than $80 doesn't let you check out.

I did find this picture, it looks encouraging.

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 9
Tyll gives the q-JAYS an endorsement if you're ok with spending some more money.  Beyond that, you might want to search for threads where people discus what's most comfortable to sleep in.  Those tend to be pretty small too.

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #7 of 9
I wear a fairly snug fitting Arai and even with deep insertion, the HF2s stick out too far to be usable with my helmet. One of my riding buddies uses the tiny, dual driver "S Plug" http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PROD/motorcycle-headsets/S22SP however, I haven't listened to them and have no idea of their sound quality. Of course, with those, you're in the Q-Jay price range, so that product is probably worth a look/comparo as well.

YMMV

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I wear a fairly snug fitting Arai and even with deep insertion, the HF2s stick out too far to be usable with my helmet. One of my riding buddies uses the tiny, dual driver "S Plug" http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PROD/motorcycle-headsets/S22SP however, I haven't listened to them and have no idea of their sound quality. Of course, with those, you're in the Q-Jay price range, so that product is probably worth a look/comparo as well.

YMMV

Probably depends on your ears :)  When I put the HF3s in, they don't come out past whatever the front portion of ear surround the ear canal is called.   (They are about flush with it)   My helmets were all fit for track use, so they are generally pretty tight, however, I've only been using them on the street for the last 3 years (enter a pair of 3 year olds in my life:)) so they probably are a little looser given use / age. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back