Replacement nubs for Grado antennas
Mar 7, 2008 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bob_McBob

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone got suggestions for replacing the little black plastic nubs on the end of the RS-1 antennas? It seems they come off relatively easily, and the headphones look a bit odd without them. Is it possible to get replacements from Grado? I've e-mailed them, but no reply yet.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 6
I'd also like to know, because i have the same problem with the SR125's that i gave away.

Mar 8, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've e-mailed them, but no reply yet.

Thats surprising. Ive emailed grado in the past regarding missing buttons. They quickly forwarded my email to their Kanadian distributor and they promptly send me some free of charge.

Terrific service and customer support
redface.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Sure... go to your local radio control hobby shop and ask the guy for "antenna tube caps". Theyre usually a couple bucks for a handful of them, and come in all sorts of colors, including black.

losa4003-antenna_caps.jpg

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Probably the best thread to post this in:

I changed headbands on my SR325 and the nubs were glued on (probably with loctite) and stripped when I removed them. I got new nubs at a local hardware store. In Dutch, the guy called them 'dompeldopjes', which would translate as 'dunk caps'. They came in Ford-approved colours (black) and were slightly longer and made of softer plastic that probably adheres better to the stalks without the need for glue or loctite. Six 'dompeldopjes' sold at 45 eurocents.

Best thing to do is just go down to your hardware store with your Grados and ask them for new nubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back