Replacement cord for Bose QuietComfort 2?
Nov 24, 2008 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TheBladeRoden

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have a Bose QuietComfort 2 and after a year and a half of use, the cord has come open and the wiring inside has become all frayed and useless.

Since the cord is a separate part from the headphones, I was wondering if there was a way I can just buy another one of those instead shelling out to replace the whole headphone set? Cause I already used the one year warranty on it last year.

I looked on the Bose website, and there's a cord on on there, but they tailored it somehow for the ipod and the package includes a bunch of stuff I don't need which brings the price up to $40 so I don't know if that's what i should get. Mobile Communications Kit for QuietComfort 2 Headphones - Bose Accessories

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 20
You may want to call Bose, here is the # from the website - Please call 1-800-367-4008 to place your order. To save time, please be prepared with the name of your product.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 20
QC2 are actually very good :p Who can complain about the look factor? the coolness of it... instantly recognisable (either good or bad), cant be said about my Ultrasone Pro 750s :p

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QC2 are actually quiet good :p Who can complain about the look factor? the coolness of it... instantly recognisable (either good or bad), cant be said about my Ultrasone Pro 750s :p

Good, when quiet?
wink.gif

I could complain about the look factor. Even the 750s look better. Can't say anything about the sound since haven't heard any of these.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 20
Haha..

today i showed my headphones to a guy in the class..and he was like..isnt Bose the BEST brand in the world...and i asked why? coz its expensive? ..he said yeah.

then i explained..how some Artists ordered Bose monitor speakers for $50,000..and asked for refund from bose. after some time he was like

"oh.... i didnt know..nice to know now"

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 20
Well as long as we're talking about new headphones, What are some good ones to replace these with? Something with good outside noise reduction, but balanced with sound quality, durability, extended wear comfort, affordability, and all that jazz.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 20
what kind of music do you listen too, what is your price range, what is your source (ipod, laptop), are you willing to get an amplifier, are you a basshead, do you like it when music is in your face or do you want a sound stage (instruments are more spread out and they seem to have a depth or a location).

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 20
I can say without any doubt that bose headphones have to be the absolute worst sounding headphones I've heard in their price range.
I've heard $20 headphones that sound the same, and $30 headphones that sound better.

I'd very seriously consider selling your QC and filling the good folks here in on your listening habits. Your ears will thank you

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 20
Hmm, well I usually use my headphones for the my PC for gaming or the TV, I'm a bit behind on the MP3 player wave. My favorite music is 80's rock but it isn't strictly limited to that. Not sure what kind of sound experience I'm looking for, I tend to leave the equalizer settings at their default.

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, well I usually use my headphones for the my PC for gaming or the TV, I'm a bit behind on the MP3 player wave. My favorite music is 80's rock but it isn't strictly limited to that. Not sure what kind of sound experience I'm looking for, I tend to leave the equalizer settings at their default.

Okay, well it really depends on how much money you are willing to spend. The truth is, that as much as people here dislike Bose, if you are happy with your phones, it might be worth it just to figure out how to replace the cord. I can't help you with that, though, sorry.

You could very easily get equal or better SQ out of phones for around 50-60 dollars, but you would be hard pressed to find nicely isolating ones that are comfy and everything else for just $50-60. Maybe the k81dj's but those might be closer to $90. You kind of have to decide what you want to do. There are good and bad sides to both options depending on how you feel about your bose and whether you could stand spending money on phones.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, well it really depends on how much money you are willing to spend. The truth is, that as much as people here dislike Bose, if you are happy with your phones, it might be worth it just to figure out how to replace the cord. I can't help you with that, though, sorry.

You could very easily get equal or better SQ out of phones for around 50-60 dollars, but you would be hard pressed to find nicely isolating ones that are comfy and everything else for just $50-60. Maybe the k81dj's but those might be closer to $90. You kind of have to decide what you want to do. There are good and bad sides to both options depending on how you feel about your bose and whether you could stand spending money on phones.

Sony MDR-V6. Superior to QC in absolutely every way. Only problem would be if the OP likes the colored sound sig BOSE has

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #14 of 20
Better sound through res.....marketing.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's usually not that hard to replace the cords. Find someone you know who can do it for you. Are they still covered under warranty? Maybe you can get BLOSE...BOSE to fix them for free.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaydeltax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better sound through res.....marketing.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's usually not that hard to replace the cords. Find someone you know who can do it for you. Are they still covered under warranty? Maybe you can get BLOSE...BOSE to fix them for free.

Well I first got them in March 2006, then I already used the warrantee to replace them in February 2007. So that's not going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back