Replacement Cables for my Westone 4r and SE535
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ramage

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Newb here looking for advice on cables to replace the ones that came with with my IEM's. The stock cable feels a little flimsy on the 4r and would not mind having a better cable and I figure if I am getting new cable for the 4r I should get a new cable for my wife’s SE535's.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I have tried to contact Toxic cables but have not gotten a reply to my PM or emails. I am also not 100% sure what fittings I need for each so I could use a little advice. I have had a look on ebay but I am would rather deal with a forum sponsor or a company that has a little more than an account on ebay:) [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks guys\gals[/size]

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 10
Surely you can see the connector type just by looking at them or even if you do not the name just make sure you specify the required compatibility when ordering with a cable manufacturer. Forum search. There are so many threads for Westone / JH replacement cables, more than for any other IEM manufacturer. Again with the Shure there are many Baldur and alternative suggestion threads. Several forum sponsors have websites, see the sponsor list.

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the help...

I will just use the search button and avoid asking questions in the future.  How silly of me not to know everything about something before coming on a forum that has information about the thing I wanted to know about.  

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 10
Check the link in my signature for a list of aftermarket cables. I am not familiar with the SE535's but if they dont have a removable cable then you should talk to BTG-Audio, they'll be able to mod them to have Westone type connectors. You might wanna do that just so you can use the same cable with both IEM's. I think the westone IEM's you have need a recessed socket support cable. That's in the list as well. Do your research and I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 10
According to plussoundaudio.com the UE 11 and UE 18 cable should work with the 4R. You could get an ultimate ear stock cable or an aftermarket one, assuming plus sound is right about the compatability.

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 10
Now that I look more, plus sound might just use an adapter.....

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #7 of 10
What are you talking about? 
Quote:
Now that I look more, plus sound might just use an adapter.....

If you go the route of the stock Ultimate Ears cable, you should just go to westones site and get a cable from them. They both use the same manufacturer for their cables, but Westone only has one termination for it's IEM's. With UE, they have two types, the one you would need is the pre 2010 variety. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
What are you talking about? 
If you go the route of the stock Ultimate Ears cable, you should just go to westones site and get a cable from them. They both use the same manufacturer for their cables, but Westone only has one termination for it's IEM's. With UE, they have two types, the one you would need is the pre 2010 variety. 

I was looking at the Plus sound audio website and they said: ER4 (Note: Connector consists of removable adapter for Etymotic that works with Shure or Westone cable). I just wanted to make sure I didn't tell him the wrong thing if they were using some weird adapter thing on their cords. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I was looking at the Plus sound audio website and they said: ER4 (Note: Connector consists of removable adapter for Etymotic that works with Shure or Westone cable). I just wanted to make sure I didn't tell him the wrong thing if they were using some weird adapter thing on their cords. 

Cool, I had no idea. Never heard of that.

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi Guys,

Does this cable: Westone W4R, UM3, ES3, ES5 Earphone Upgrade Cable / Headphone Replacement Cord (55 inches)
by Geekria

is better than the stock Westone 4R cable or not ?
mine is broken and would love to get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back