Replacement cables for hd 497
Jun 18, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 4
From my experience, nobody carries those cables in stock, since they have to order from the same people we do they figure it's not economical to stock them due to mark up. I tried to order one directly from Sennheiser, but they always seem to be out of stock, so...

I made one with parts from radio shack. If you have a soldering iron and a dremmel tool, then you can do it with about $10 in parts. If you need any suggestions or help if you want to take that route, let me know.
etysmile.gif

If it broke where you connect to the headphone, then you could probably just solder a new mini-plug on the end of your existing cable, that would be super easy and even if you have to buy a soldering iron, it would cost less than buying a new cable.

Jun 18, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by XBTed
From my experience, nobody carries those cables in stock, since they have to order from the same people we do they figure it's not economical to stock them due to mark up. I tried to order one directly from Sennheiser, but they always seem to be out of stock, so...

Irony indeed, nobody carries them and Sennheiser is out of stock.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 4
I just went to:
http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=083380
and added one of the HD497 cables to a shopping cart. I don't want to buy one, so I didn't check out, but the replacement parts web page isn't saying "Out of Stock". I recently (April, 2005) bought a few of these cables for my daughter using this link. If you're interested in one of these cables, it might be worth your while to try ordering one using this link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back