1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Replaced batteries in Sennnheiser RS180s. Now Repair Needed?

1. sk5223
    Hello, all. New member here.

Needed new batteries for my Sennheiser RS 180. Should be easy, right? Just twist off the ear pads and swap new rechargeables for the old ones.

I did that but when I went to re-assemble, one of the ear pads wouldn’t twist back on. Closer examination showed that one ear pad has four lugs that help it lock in place. The other ear pad doesn’t have any lugs. See photo below for detail.

I didn’t see or hear anything break off while disassembling. Does this need a replacement part or am I missing something here?

Any suggestions appreciated!

For image see https://drive.google.com/open?id=12BZKUnAvvTXRorzOTjRfghBMP1KZyBmd

2. sk5223
    Anyone? Suggestions appreciated.

3. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Maybe just order new earpads?

4. sk5223
    Thanks, ProtegeManiac.

New pads would still have to fit over the plastic piece shown in the photo. And that is where the problem is. Perhaps there aren't missing lugs? Or ???

5. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Aren't those plastic pieces included with the earpads? Not all earpads are stretchie overs. Most Sennheiser earpads come with the plastic mount. As in the velour or pleather are glued or stitched to the mount.

Contact Sennheiser and ask if the plastic mount is included. If not then ask if they sell just the plastic mount.

6. sk5223
    Thanks, again ProtegeManiac. Unfortunately, the plastic mounts were not included. I will contact Sennheiser, as you suggest.

7. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Remember to ask if they sell just the plastic mounts, although chances are they sell these in pairs if they do.

8. sk5223
    Many thanks, ProtegeManiac!