Replaced batteries in Sennnheiser RS180s. Now Repair Needed?
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sk5223

New Head-Fier
Hello, all. New member here.

Needed new batteries for my Sennheiser RS 180. Should be easy, right? Just twist off the ear pads and swap new rechargeables for the old ones.

I did that but when I went to re-assemble, one of the ear pads wouldn’t twist back on. Closer examination showed that one ear pad has four lugs that help it lock in place. The other ear pad doesn’t have any lugs. See photo below for detail.

I didn’t see or hear anything break off while disassembling. Does this need a replacement part or am I missing something here?

Any suggestions appreciated!

For image see https://drive.google.com/open?id=12BZKUnAvvTXRorzOTjRfghBMP1KZyBmd

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks, ProtegeManiac.

New pads would still have to fit over the plastic piece shown in the photo. And that is where the problem is. Perhaps there aren't missing lugs? Or ???

Aren't those plastic pieces included with the earpads? Not all earpads are stretchie overs. Most Sennheiser earpads come with the plastic mount. As in the velour or pleather are glued or stitched to the mount.

Contact Sennheiser and ask if the plastic mount is included. If not then ask if they sell just the plastic mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back