repair a haedphone
Jun 18, 2004 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

coyote65

Head-Fier
hi all, i've a speaker of an headphone sony that dont work anymore, have someone tried to repair it? Is it a doable thing? have u some schemes of the little speaker? and at the end, may I find in commerce a new speaker equal to mine?
my headphone is a sony mdr-32

thanks all

Jun 21, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 6
ok, english isnt my tongue........
an headphone has 2 speakers, isnt it?
left and right. in my headphone the right one doesnt work anymore, it dont give sound. I just wish to know if its possible to repair, to open it or better to buy a spare part of it, thats all.

I hope you can understand now
eggosmile.gif

bye all

Jun 22, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 6
Coyote it sounds like you may have to rewire the driver that isn't working or replace it if that doesn't help. I've never seen the insides of a mdr-32, in fact I've never even seen one before
smily_headphones1.gif
but I would guesstimate that there are two wires that go into each driver in your headphones, and that if you open them up and re-solder the wires to the driver thats not working, that may solve your problem.

Jun 23, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 6
thank u highfly,
first of all I've tried for a wire problem, but it isnt...
I tried to verify the solder contacts of the can, and they have line at the tester, then I solder wires to contacts and they have still line, when I plug the wire in the walkman the line go away suddenly....... I retry to solder contacts and it come back again, I plug the walkman and go away again..... maybe the little internal wire inside the can is damaged, but the question is: its possible to repair/substitute it?

p.s. spare parts arent available, the headphone was made in 1990.....

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back