<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
May 10, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #227 of 733
very poor communication about this from Fang.

doesn't exactly install faith in them

May 10, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #228 of 733
No new news here in the Chinese Audiophile DAP segment... Let's just see how well if fairs on initial release. It would be a miracle if the device worked without a hitch from the start.

May 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #229 of 733
Quote from the first post in this thread: "The new HiFiMAN 802 will expected to announce in May this year".

This means within the month of May, not the beginning of May. There's still three weeks left of this month ...
Also - it says "expected to announce", which is quite different from beginning to ship orders.

May 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #230 of 733
Quote:
Quote from the first post in this thread: "The new HiFiMAN 802 will expected to announce in May this year".

This means within the month of May, not the beginning of May. There's still three weeks left of this month ...
Also - it says "expected to announce", which is quite different from beginning to ship orders.

well as it is called the 901 not the 802............they can't even get that right!
Fang told me directly it is called the 901.

With marketing a new product, the build up and anticipation will boost the initial sales, and get them an immediate ROI, just good business practice,
if they just let it trickle out ( guaranteed it will not be mentioned anywhere in the audio media in the UK) then it could be a disaster.

May 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #231 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well as it is called the 901 not the 802............they can't even get that right!
Fang told me directly it is called the 901.

As I understand it, it was supposed to be called 802, but then later on they/Fang decided to call it 901.

May 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #232 of 733
I am still more interested in this then the DX100. iBasso isn't exactly known for premium products, more affordable and 'good enough' high end products. Hifiman on the other hand represents the absolute best. I am also not interested in a slow and laggy android device, a hifiman is just a dedicated music player and that is most important. 

May 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #233 of 733
I am still more interested in this then the DX100. iBasso isn't exactly known for premium products, more affordable and 'good enough' high end products. Hifiman on the other hand represents the absolute best. I am also not interested in a slow and laggy android device, a hifiman is just a dedicated music player and that is most important. 

Even though I'm as interested in what the HM901 may bring to the marketplace as anyone else in this thread, I have to say, as a DX100 owner, I feel you're seriously underestimating what iBasso have achieved with the DX100. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater- the DX100 sounds fabulous, in spite of its foibles.

May 11, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #234 of 733
Quote:
Even though I'm as interested in what the HM901 may bring to the marketplace as anyone else in this thread, I have to say, as a DX100 owner, I feel you're seriously underestimating what iBasso have achieved with the DX100. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater- the DX100 sounds fabulous, in spite of its foibles.

sure it sounds amazing, but I begrudge paying for email, touch screen and wi-fi on a music player, my LP12 can't surf the web either!

I just want a music player, nothing else, an improved HM-601 would do.

May 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #235 of 733
Hopefully one day that player will arrive for you.
Quote:
sure it sounds amazing, but I begrudge paying for email, touch screen and wi-fi on a music player, my LP12 can't surf the web either!

I just want a music player, nothing else, an improved HM-601 would do.

May 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #236 of 733
I am hoping that the 901 will be it.

I thought it might be the Studio V but the HMDS line out , is not a true line out

what I REALLY want is an HQ DAP with a superb line out, due to my Voyager amp I don't need or use the headphone output on any portable player.

one day.............

May 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #237 of 733
I am late to the party, but was wondering if the gapless issue is solved on the most recent Hifiman products... For me, this can be the best DAP in the world, but no support for gapless playback is just a deal killer. Do we know if the 901 will fix this ?

I certainly look forward a high quality DAP as an alternative to a decent desktop system.

I am not a big fan of the NOS filterless TDA1543 approach for the 602, but I am indeed very curious to know what implementation will be favored for the 901. I would be very surprised to see a NOS filterless design there, but would expect a technically more advanced solution with different filters configurations...

May 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #238 of 733
So yesterday at the Tokyo Fujiya May Headphone Festival, Dr Yang was there and had the HM-901 but it was in it's -very- preliminary stages. There were 2xdummy HM-901s (one was slightly smaller than the other; being the the updated design), and semi-working HM-901. The semi-working version didn't have a functioning display or amp. Instead, tracks on there were leveraging on the HM-901 DAC -> LineOut -> external amp -> Hifiman headphone (can't remember which model).

I only listened to it briefly and being in a noisy environment with open headphones, I wouldn't dare comment on it's SQ. In addition, there was an external amp in the chain.

My friend took some pix I'll see if I can get the pix from him later in the week.

May 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #239 of 733
Hm, no functioning amp and no display? I find the display a bit weird, why wasnt it working? Maybe they just didnt wanna show changes to the UI or anything. or maybe it's just so rough they havent implemented the ui into the product yet. 
Quote:
So yesterday at the Tokyo Fujiya May Headphone Festival, Dr Yang was there and had the HM-901 but it was in it's -very- preliminary stages. There were 2xdummy HM-901s (one was slightly smaller than the other; being the the updated design), and semi-working HM-901. The semi-working version didn't have a functioning display or amp. Instead, tracks on there were leveraging on the HM-901 DAC -> LineOut -> external amp -> Hifiman headphone (can't remember which model).

I only listened to it briefly and being in a noisy environment with open headphones, I wouldn't dare comment on it's SQ. In addition, there was an external amp in the chain.

My friend took some pix I'll see if I can get the pix from him later in the week.

May 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #240 of 733
So, the next batch of DX100s will be due towards the end of this month..

Seriously, though, it's disappointing that the HM901 is THAT far behind, after (allegedly) 2-3 years of development. Makes me wonder if it'll be ready by May next year, let alone this year.

If they don't get themselves into gear, the grass will grow under their feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back