Remember when you where Young and Music just washed over you and touched your inner soul?
May 5, 2009 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

theBigD

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I was just thinking about how when I was young and music just affected by being so very much. And I realized that through the middle part of my life I kinda lost touch with that. And recently with my new Denon D7000 and a new Stello DAC and the C2C amp, I am experiencing music like this again! Its absolutely Incredible! Ive also been listening to some pretty incredible music like Patricia Barbers "The Premonition Years" and Holly Coles new album as welll as Metallica's black albumn, really ive been investing in higher quality music becuase I can really hear the difference with my new source and amp.

So how is this for you guys? what new gear or music has done this for you?

And isnt it great to feel YOUNG again?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 34
theBigD,
I know what you mean... When I got my hd600s and now the ad900s, I can enjoy the music as much as I used to once again. I used to get goosebumps all the time just because of the music even without having to have great sound quality when I was 12 to 18 yrs old but now its a shame the audiophile bug has bitten hard that it takes a minimum standard of audio quality to get back that feeling I had when I was young.

May 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 34
Remember how you didn't need all this gear to appreciate music when you were young?

Might be something worth thinking about. The gear is almost meaningless, really.

May 5, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 34
When I was young with little allowance money I couldn't care less about gear. Thank god there was no internet also... way less temptation!
Now I can afford toys and it just complicates matters a lot more. I'm way too guilty for sometimes caring more for the toys than the music/artists. Helpless
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 34
Music was a very big part of my growing up. I have my Mother to thank in the ways i appreciate music. But i couldnt agree more, with a good setup you can really take in some old music that you lost touch with growing up. As my sig says
biggrin.gif
Music is Soul Soothing Aural Medication. Cant beat it when your down or to start at day with smile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I was just thinking about how when I was young and music just affected by being so very much. And I realized that through the middle part of my life I kinda lost touch with that. And recently with my new Denon D7000 and a new Stello DAC and the C2C amp, I am experiencing music like this again! Its absolutely Incredible! Ive also been listening to some pretty incredible music like Patricia Barbers "The Premonition Years" and Holly Coles new album as welll as Metallica's black albumn, really ive been investing in higher quality music becuase I can really hear the difference with my new source and amp.

So how is this for you guys? what new gear or music has done this for you?

And isnt it great to feel YOUNG again?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 34
Mwah, when I was young, I was only interested in the music. And it struck me, on my cheap gear.
When I got into Hi-Fi, the music sounded better, but the "magic" of experiencing the music disappeared for some strange reason.
Sort of what xaval wrote.

May 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 34
Yeah this is one of the great tragedies of getting older. It's like when your 18 and you see a 60 year old man driving a Porsche 911 Turbo on a twisty road at 45 mph. You think "what a waste".

When you're young, everything seems so much more "intense" (for lack of a better word).

As we get older, we try to recapture how we felt when we were younger and music is one way we try to turn back time. Buying the high-end gear sometimes may be part of that desire to rekindle those feelings of youth.

But some of us just like to tinker and experiment and although we still like music, we get to a point where we want to keep it fresh with new toys. I'm as guilty as anyone of that, but I continually remind myself to stop listening to my headphones and listen to the music.

As far as feeling like a younger man goes, nothing goes farther toward that end better than a younger woman.
devil_face.gif

May 6, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 34
So what am I going to do since as a young person I already have a pretty good setup? I guess I should just sell it all for Skull Candies right now!
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what am I going to do since as a young person I already have a pretty good setup? I guess I should just sell it all for Skull Candies right now!
biggrin.gif

Just listen and enjoy
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

It's all downhill from there now!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 6, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 34
Thanks for the clips, mark. Krístin isn't unknown to me, as I'm a big fan of múm, but I had no idea of what she's been doing since she left. Thanks for reminding me of her.

As for the original topic, there are still some stuff i can get goosebumps from listening to through iBuds. But still, I must admit materialism has struck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back