RELOADED!!!
May 15, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
guess what! i think im the only person in the entire world who has never seen the original matrix. ive turned on the tv to tnt twice to find the movie halfway over, but it's not exactly the kind of movie you can understand with the second half only...

u should watch it man...one of the sexiest movie ever created

May 15, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
I'm weighing the options. . . see the matrix again before I watch reloaded, or study for calculus test.

not a hard decision... Better to relax before you take the test anyway, that'll do more good than studying.

May 15, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #20 of 79
I had mixed views of the movies.. certainly some kick-ass parts (action better than the first one in many scenes), but the plot/storyline/depth of the first one wasn't quite there. It felt like a movie made entirely for the money, whereas the first one felt like a movie made because it was a good movie.

The third one could change my mind entirely if done properly to tie everything up creatively. However, the second movie doesn't stand alone well IMO.

-dd3mon

May 15, 2003 at 9:38 AM Post #21 of 79
Just saw it.
All I can say is holy ****!!!!! It could not have been done any better. There was not one aspect that I even remotely thought badly about. Everyone who has ever at least thought the 1st Matrix was "kinda OK" MUST go see this movie ASAP!!!! I am an art major, and I have to say that admiring the special effects of this movie is an understatement. It is simply amazing about how far the special effects team has come since the first one, let alone in general, regarding all modern movies with special efects.

May 15, 2003 at 11:10 AM Post #22 of 79
Screw the story, and special effects! What about the chicks?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2003 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 79
"He's doing his superman thing again"

who stayed after the credits for the preview of the third movie?

Quote:

but the plot/storyline/depth of the first one wasn't quite there

there was even more storyline and depth in the second movie, IMHO. the depth of this universe the wachowski's created is insane, and its hard to do a movie perfect when the scale is so much larger. i don't think the implementation was as good as the first, but i loved the movie. I mean you don't get the same rush as finding out "Neo is the one", or "Luke, I am your father." but this blows your mind on a wider scale with some of the implications of the world of the matrix: AI as a society of sentient beings instead of one conciousness like the borg, the issue of free will, "is Neo jesus/buddha/insert your savior here", "wow, i'd like to be superman", "has all this happened before"... all that philosophical good stuff.

that said, i did get pretty lost at some point in the movie, especially when the matrix creator (old white guy who spoke with too many big words) started talking. i'm probably gonna catch it again soon.... sober.

May 15, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #25 of 79
Just got back from seeing it.
AWESOME
Not quite as good as the original but still up there.
Special effects are nothing short of stunning
And the fight scenes are unreal
Not to mention the BEST car chase scene EVER
But the plot is a bit slow, first half hour is kinda boring
Some of the dialogue made me cringe
Architect's speech near the end made my head hurt
Overall very good sequel
I also saw the trailer for matrix revolutions. Looks pretty cool, trailer didn't really give anything away.

May 15, 2003 at 10:17 PM Post #26 of 79
Just saw it.
biggrin.gif
Although I think I understood the Architect's speech at the end, I want to be sure.

Basically, the left door meant EVERYONE would die, and the machines would be reduced to a skeleton force. But why? How?

Right door: Matrix starts over, zion starts over. So does everyone die?

At the end of the movie: did zion fall? Are Niobe/Morpheus' crew the only humans left alive?

Ah, and according to the architect, the oracle is the "mother" of the matrix. Is she "evil?"

Ah, also: anyone remember at the beginning of the movie, when the agent went inside that guy, and then got sucked out of the phone. Perhaps he is the same guy that the ship picked up(the only survivor)?

May 16, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #27 of 79
i have a photographic memory and yes, that IS the same guy

on another note, the 2nd movie wasn't supposed to stand on its own very well. That's why the 2nd and the 3rd are being released so close to each other.

I'm happy with the movies lately... both X2 and Matrix: Reloaded had some amazing action sequences. I can't wait for the third.

May 16, 2003 at 1:12 AM Post #28 of 79
alright i saw the movie but i got SO LOST at the end, im going to have to go see it again because i almost missed the revolutions preview. does anyone fully understand the end

May 16, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #29 of 79
Stop asking so many questions and do what I do. At the beginning of the movie, assume everybody is going to die, so that when they don't, you have that much more faith in the hero. I was hoping they'd have the boogeyman show up in the movie. Busting out from one of the beds and fighting Neo.

May 16, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #30 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Just saw it.
biggrin.gif
Although I think I understood the Architect's speech at the end, I want to be sure.

Basically, the left door meant EVERYONE would die, and the machines would be reduced to a skeleton force. But why? How?

Right door: Matrix starts over, zion starts over. So does everyone die?

At the end of the movie: did zion fall? Are Niobe/Morpheus' crew the only humans left alive?

Ah, and according to the architect, the oracle is the "mother" of the matrix. Is she "evil?"

Ah, also: anyone remember at the beginning of the movie, when the agent went inside that guy, and then got sucked out of the phone. Perhaps he is the same guy that the ship picked up(the only survivor)?

What I got from the Architect's speech is basically that Zion would fall and not be recycled with the 16 females and 7 males... generally that the massive amount of deaths were more like the aftermath of going through the left door. Right door is that Neo is put back in and loses his powers, and Zion is killed and the 23 people that Neo chose were the most insubordinate (naturally from the selection) and would repopulate Zion which would work had to rid the Matrix of the most powerful (The One).

I'm pretty sure Niobe's crew is dead... after seeing what the 2nd bomb did to the Nebudcanezzar (spelling?). The oracle isn't evil, the oracle was designed mainly to find reason and explore choice. The exploring was a result of creating, to say that we know the oracle's true intentions is very premature.

Agent Smith is in that guy with the goatee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back