Regarding the Shure e4c...
Mar 25, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #2 of 11
Clean your ears! j/k

Sure the fact that you can remove the nozzles on the E4C is a good reason to get them. One problem with the E3C was the nozzles would break and you'd have to send them into Shure warranty to fix it. The best reason to get E4Cs is that you get the clarity of the E3C and the bass response of the E2C. Probably the best IEM you can get without considering the $500 E5C (But I'm partial to the Shure sound signature).

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 11
Sorry to hijkack the thread a little..

But can I remove the nozzles of the E5 to clean it?

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RB26DETT
Sorry to hijkack the thread a little..

But can I remove the nozzles of the E5 to clean it?

No, they're part of the moulded shell of the housing...

...If you're referring to changing the white filters.. I must admit i'd like to know the answer to that too... no filters were supplied, but........
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
No, they're part of the moulded shell of the housing...

...If you're referring to changing the white filters.. I must admit i'd like to know the answer to that too... no filters were supplied, but........
smily_headphones1.gif

The filters on the E5 are not designed to be user replacable. Also, when you are cleaning the E5, be very careful not to dig down too far with the cleaning tool that you knock out the filter. Shure will fix it under warranty, but you'll be without your precious IEMs during the process. In my case, Sugarfried helped expedite the process so I had them back in a week but in most cases, it'll probably be a couple weeks... No fun if you love your IEMs and use them as much as I do (particularly since at the time they were my only pair).

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #9 of 11
Whoa! I'm thinking about getting lucky and getting a cheaper one from ebay, but since these costs so much I really want that warranty. Any suggestions? How likely are these to break apart!!?

P.S. My friends think I am crazy for spending this much on earbuds! I ask what's the max one is worth, and they say $40. I don't even know if I should spend this much myself (for the e4c).

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #10 of 11
Cheaper than $180 on ebay? Are they new and have you taken shipping in to account? Many of the ~$160 E4Cs on there have $20 shipping charges. They're not that delicate but I would handle them with care. Don't leave them out of the case when not in use.

Anyone who thinks it's crazy to spend $200+ on headphones should just consider all the women out there who have dozens of pairs of shoes in their closet at $100+ a pair. Then remember that most of these headphones sell for ~80% of their value if you were to sell them off. It's not THAT crazy. Just take care of them and enjoy the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back