Rega Apollo vs. Arcam CD73
Mar 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #16 of 17
Im my opinion Arcamera is right in part. Arcam is a more musical and datailed player than Rega, apart from the rest of system. But Apollo can sound better the Arcam. It depends on the sistem synergy, specially the cables. If want to hear what the Rega Apollo can do, you have to spend some money in a good power cable and a very good low capacitancy interconnect. I have an Apollo and my brother an Arcam CD73. We compared both a lot of times. Im my system, Apollo sounds better than Arcam, in my brother´s system occurs the opposite. The Apollo is more sensitive to cables, I suggest the original Rega Isis power cable and you can use some high impedance interconnects. I use the VDH Orchid as suggested a friend. If you have some extra money for good cables and sorbotone pads, choose the Apollo.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #17 of 17
Gee, that's funny. I don't even remember considering the Arcam! I would have ended up with the Rega but on the day I was planning to buy it, the dealer I was going to use didn't have it in stock. As you can see though I ended up with an Onkyo and haven't looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back