Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #136 of 344

Maybe a bit. Luis confirmed me friday that he was going to sent off my finished code-x yesterday (monday).but i didnt get any track and trace or any reply from him yesterday or today..only hope all is fine and that there is no problem as i know u guys are experiencing very bad weather...
redface.gif

This weather is not complying well with parcels...

I have a Eddie Current 2A3 stuck somewhere between France and Sweden, nobody knows exactly where, even though i have a DHL tracking number as well as several parcls with cigars somewhere between US and Sweden.

Be patient.. :wink:

Hey, you're in Sweden! Thats awesome, I'm doing a year abroad there in my sophmore year
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #137 of 344
  Hey, you're in Sweden! Thats awesome, I'm doing a year abroad there in my sophmore year
bigsmile_face.gif

Welcome to Sweden! Drop me a PM in the future and I can share some sweet spots to check out while here!

Back to topic... Hifimanrookie... What will you be driving the CodeX with?

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #138 of 344
This weather is not complying well with parcels...

I have a Eddie Current 2A3 stuck somewhere between France and Sweden, nobody knows exactly where, even though i have a DHL tracking number as well as several parcls with cigars somewhere between US and Sweden.

Be patient.. :wink:

That wasnt it..he was sick he told me yesterday..thats why he didnt sent anything.. :D But yesterday they got sent off..so i am hoping to have them in my hands in 2 weeks time. Yeah!!! Hope to have some pics before that..as he told me he would sent a few :D

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #139 of 344

Back to topic... Hifimanrookie... What will you be driving the CodeX with?

I wonder how u can't know... It has a blue circle and no.. it isn't an emotiva 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #141 of 344
  I wonder how u can't know... It has a blue circle and no.. it isn't an emotiva 
biggrin.gif

Way to ruin the guy's punchline. You know he's writing a nice long essay on it at this very moment. At least I was thoughtful enough to give him the honor of the big reveal.

I got your back hifimanrookie.
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #142 of 344
Way to ruin the guy's punchline. You know he's writing a nice long essay on it at this very moment. At least I was thoughtful enough to give him the honor of the big reveal.

I got your back hifimanrookie.
wink.gif

Teehee, troll at heart. Lovely, sweet internet..!

I'll be interested to see your impressions in this thread knowing I'll probably never hear these cans anyway...

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #143 of 344
I too want to hear impressions of Code-X with Blue Circle, but I wished more people could demo it and give impressions. It would be less biased and have better reference points that way. I can personally attest to ownership bias with the HD800, when I didn't find it that impressive borrowing my friend's for a week. Now that I own one, I can't take it off my head. I was supposed to stop listening for the night an hour ago!

Take your stuff to a meet hifimanrookie!

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #144 of 344
I too want to hear impressions of Code-X with Blue Circle, but I wished more people could demo it and give impressions. It would be less biased and have better reference points that way. I can personally attest to ownership bias with the HD800, when I didn't find it that impressive borrowing my friend's for a week. Now that I own one, I can't take it off my head. I was supposed to stop listening for the night an hour ago!

Take your stuff to a meet hifimanrookie!

As i promised..i will take it to meets..i promised it to the builder (blue circle audio) of the amp..thats why he did a few extra juicy things on it..one being a more estectical/ sexy appearance for shows compared to his other stuff :wink:

On the he500 thread u will find a first pic of the whats going on inside my new (one off) amp..and pics of the external power-supply..

And no..no essay.. And no..although i will be owning it..i always let others listen to it..all my friends who are somewhat interested in audio are lining up already to have a listen...and some of them have very expensive stuff themselves (speaker rigs!).. I am rather unbiassed when it comes to audio... For instance..i hated the he400 which i had 4 months..trust me i tried! but i love my very unknown beyer mmx300..for games and movies its hard to beat! Not even by the he500 i had... And the even more unknown/unloved 337 i had...well..u know the story.

If the amp and code-x is not that good as i expect them to be i will honestly tell u..and probably sell it then...just as i did with the he400... No matter how much it had cost me..
And i know some of u..mostly emotiva guys (oopsie sorry) dont believe in expensive amps for he500/he5etc. (not being lepai or emotiva)and that u believe that the emotiva is the best u can up until u buy (speaker) amp as expensive as a new BMW..NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS SAY.... But hey..i still love u guys.. :D
So let me spend ur (yep urs) whole yearbudget for audio on my single amp...and be happy with it..and maybe ..just maybe i let u listen to my rig then on a meet..or else..a BIG SIGN saying..NO EMOTIVA owners allowed :wink:

Its up to u 'emotivos' :D

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #145 of 344
I'm not getting into thos discussion...

Whatever floats your boat, as long as it has about 500 mW into 32-50 Ohms if the power is refined. Speaker amp this and that, ridiculous.

The CodeX is my favorite planar up date (excl. the Abyss, as I haven't had the possibility to listen to it yet). HD800 my favorite dynamic (excl.R10, same reason as prior).
When I want soundstage and hyper-detail I go for HD800. When I want a bit more ooomph, I go for the CodeX. Which is is the best? Both and none. :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #146 of 344
I'm not getting into thos discussion...

Whatever floats your boat, as long as it has about 500 mW into 32-50 Ohms if the power is refined. Speaker amp this and that, ridiculous.

The CodeX is my favorite planar up date (excl. the Abyss, as I haven't had the possibility to listen to it yet). HD800 my favorite dynamic (excl.R10, same reason as prior).
When I want soundstage and hyper-detail I go for HD800. When I want a bit more ooomph, I go for the CodeX. Which is is the best? Both and none. :)

I agree with u on that speaker amp discussion thingie also :wink: . But they are just joking around..just like me.. Ofcourse i let them listen :D

well my blue circle audio headphone amp will have 5watts into 50ohm (i originally had it being made/ designed for a he6 i wanted to buy for it..but decided to get a code-x..it was a chance i couldnt slip by :wink: ) and ur the blame a bit for me buying one! :wink:

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #147 of 344
Just looking at the size of those caps and transformer, by the theory of size, your blue circle should have everything the speaker amps have. And hopefully more for what you're paying :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #148 of 344
Just looking at the size of those caps and transformer, by the theory of size, your blue circle should have everything the speaker amps have. And hopefully more for what you're paying :)

To be honest i dont care whats inside...i gave him carte blanche about that..i asked him to built an headphone amp which would make the he6 sound on its best..period....ofourse i gave him some kind of budget..as knowing him and reading about him he can make u an amp worth a fortune..with external cap boards/ solar energy powering/supercaps/battery powering.. etc. no matter how crazy..as long he also agrees that its for the better of the sound he can do it for u.. :wink:
Hey that last line sound familiar about another crazy man who makes the most wonderfull cables around (he just came out with his first 16wire retangular silver cable.. :D )
And now i think of it..our beloved Luis has the same craziness..creating pure perfection out of something thats not perfect :wink:

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #149 of 344
For anyone interested how the code-x measures.... I read a post on a certain forum thats not allowed here to be mentioned for some reason..so i cant copy paste that shortcut... But if u google for 'code-x measurements' u will find that info about how they measure..as i said for the ones who are interested :wink:

Only trying to help out..as always! :wink:

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #150 of 344
For anyone interested how the code-x measures.... I read a post on a certain forum thats not allowed here to be mentioned for some reason..so i cant copy paste that shortcut... But if u google for 'code-x measurements' u will find that info about how they measure..as i said for the ones who are interested
wink.gif

Only trying to help out..as always!
wink.gif

Thanks for the hint! :) Frequency responce looks very similar to Paradox, that's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back