Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #121 of 314

Drsparis

500+ Head-Fier
#12 here, still nothing. Letting the master hone his work! What number are you to be getting it second week of Jan? Does that mean I get it soon too :-D

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #123 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Dont know where u guys get ur numbers from..i didnt get any number from luis... But i did pay Luis in full last week because the dollar is so low compared to our euro, so it was smart to pay now.. :D
I am also waiting for my new custommade endgame amp coming from canada...so my rig will be completely new..and will kick ass :D

Hope to have my rig complete second week of february, as my amp is scheduled to be ready end of january

Am just scared ****tless for the taxes and custom costs when it arrives at my doorstep :xf_eek:

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #124 of 314

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
hifimanrookie is #15

#2, #15 and #16 are done.

Why the skip?

#15 and #16 didn't want mini-xlr connectors installed. It expedites the process quite a bit. 

#3 and #4 are getting worked on at the moment. #5 and #6 are getting started soon.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #127 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Something went wrong with the link with wolfetan or got deleted for some reason....so i quote the first impression myself of the second code-x in the wild of a fellow code-x owner..am awaiting mine..being the 3rd to get it i hope. :D
Its AN IMPRESSION..NOT A REVIEW .... But i thought u guys would want to read about it..as soon i have mine i will try to do a review myself..but THE REVIEW will be around second week of febr. When i have my new amp. :D

Enjoy!

Quote:

So I am fortunate enough to have some good equipment on hand over Christmas vacation! This includes the Cavalli LAu, Abyss and # 16 Code-X. I also have the AGD M6, Vali and my open D7000's for reference.

Long story short, Luis knocked it out of the park. I was able to get #16 early because I was good with keeping the original HiFiMan connectors. Apparently that shaves a **** load of wait time off and allows Luis to expedite the rest of the process.

The Code-X is the best I've heard period. Yes, it's as neutral as all get-up, but that's not what does it for me. It's a very transparent, detailed and clear sounding headphone. Why I like it more than the Abyss is because it presents a fuller, more cohesive image. It has a nicer, smoother treble. The overall timbre is more natural sounding. Bass levels are less than the Abyss, but it's all there. Enough to keep me happy. The Code-X played well with the three amps I had on hand. The Abyss seemed like it was more dependent on amp synergy than the Code-X. Lastly, it's also a great deal more comfortable as you would expect.

Fit and finish is excellent. I love the wood with the classic matte finish. The ear pads are luxurious and a pleasure to wear.

Thank you Luis!

End quote.

LFF, i hope u dont mind me posting this here..just wanna help out as i am anxious for my model... And i have a feeling ur code-x are special.

SOOOOO I DONT MIND U SENDING THEM OUT TO ME NOW AS THEY ARE READY :D

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #129 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Is hardwiring an option?

Am guessing if changing the connectors to xlr is an option...then hardwiring wont be a problem also... Contact Luis if u want a concrete answer :wink:

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #131 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Deleted

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #132 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Luis, u got important PM..thanks for replying :xf_eek:

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #133 of 314

Clemmaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Someone's getting impatient? 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #134 of 314

hifimanrookie

Headphoneus Supremus
Someone's getting impatient? :rolleyes:

Maybe a bit. Luis confirmed me friday that he was going to sent off my finished code-x yesterday (monday).but i didnt get any track and trace or any reply from him yesterday or today..only hope all is fine and that there is no problem as i know u guys are experiencing very bad weather... :xf_eek:

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #135 of 314

ValentinHogea

500+ Head-Fier
Maybe a bit. Luis confirmed me friday that he was going to sent off my finished code-x yesterday (monday).but i didnt get any track and trace or any reply from him yesterday or today..only hope all is fine and that there is no problem as i know u guys are experiencing very bad weather...
redface.gif

This weather is not complying well with parcels...

I have a Eddie Current 2A3 stuck somewhere between France and Sweden, nobody knows exactly where, even though i have a DHL tracking number as well as several parcls with cigars somewhere between US and Sweden.

Be patient.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread