REECHO In-ear Monitor - Insects Awaken /NEW SG-01/SG-03 Introduction & Discussion
May 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #31 of 44
There are several earphones that use this housing it seems. But the Reecho SG-03 uses a driver unique to the SG-03. The other ones I seen online all use different drivers and probably has different tuning as well.

May 24, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #32 of 44
1621884607054.png

I know the shells are hand painted but I wonder where they got the inspiration for this color and paint job for the shells.
1621884708616.png
1621884929013.png

I always thought it would be cool to have a bug counter when driving accross the US. How many bugs met their untimely death? I can confidently say easily in the 100s of thousands.

Guitars/ stringed instruments sounds wonderful on these.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #33 of 44
I know the shells are hand painted but I wonder where they got the inspiration for this color and paint job for the shells
Peacock feather, most likely? Though the gold sprinkles are quite unique.

1621890481738.png

And I absolutely love how even the underside of the shell has these navy blue color sprinkled throughout. Has to be one of the most beautiful shell designs out there.

IMG_9719.JPG

May 31, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #34 of 44
May 31, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #35 of 44
Great Pic!!!
I go to read it, thanks! 🙏🏻

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #36 of 44
SG01 (3).jpg

Reecho SG-01
Dynamic Driver 2Pin 0.78mm In-ear Earphone with Mic & Remote Control

Lightweight zinc alloy all-metal cavity

2pin detachable high-pure OFC nylon MIC cable

Lightweight zinc alloy all-metal cavity

Classic aesthetics, elegant and chic SG-01

The classic front sound cavity design is made by metal injection molding to make it more compact and sleek, plus the later CNC finely crafted, elegant and unique, and the beauty of the details is fully displayed.

Flagship 6μm graphene diaphragm

Compared with the ordinary graphene unit, the current signal is better restored, the loss is smaller, the distortion is smaller, and the power is stronger.

High specifications to meet the needs of audiophile beginner

High-purity 4N OFC core, to ensure purer sound and non-destructive high-reduction transmission, all-metal plating wire control shell, exquisite and stable.

Bodyguard level 2pin connection design

The protruding earphone socket and the wrapped 2pin plug calmly deal with the shortcomings of the two-pin design that is easy to loose.

The experience of forgetting to wear

The cavity model that combines the shape of the auricle and the ear canal brings the listener a comfortable wearing experience.

Three sets of acoustic eartips

Based on CRY6151 and CRY509B test, not metaphysical, scientifically matched. Optimize the sound field and analysis, the overall balanced is better, and the middle and low frequencies are optimized.

Carry out precise and detailed tuning for each frequency band.

Specification

Model: SG01

Driver: 10mm N50 graphene composite diaphragm

Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz

Impedance: 32Ω

Sensitivity: 110dB±2dB(1mW@1kHz)

THD: <2%(@1kHz/1mW)

Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated straight plug

Cable length: 1.2m±0.1m

Cable material: 4 strands high-pure oxygen-free copper

Microphone: YES

https://penonaudio.com/reecho-sg-01.html

SG01 (6).jpg

SG01 (5).jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Jun 30, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #37 of 44
I'm going to suggest SG03 or SG01 to my friend that use it with his iphone XR, wich one could pair better for smartphone use?

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #38 of 44
I have my Reecho SG-03 now and have gotten to listen to them for a handful of days on & off now! Let's go!

All in all really good stuff for $69 if the signature suits your tastes & listening preferences. They have a W-type profile/sound signature as others have stated before. The included case is a nice little welcome & I like their brand printed on it, even if it is a little too small & made with a scratchy material. The shells & fit are very nice with solid isolation. I didn't like the thin stock cable that was kinda tangle prone & had stiffened coating wire ear guides. And the tips provided were fairly minimal, which is fine by me cause I prefer other tips almost always. I was using the SG-03 with JVC Spiral Dots(OG) but they are a bit too bright/more metallic up top that way with such a short+wide bore tip that brings out more upper mids/treble presence. I bought some FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips(learned about from the Tweaking Tips post on audioreviews.org). They aren't as soft, squishy, or comfy as the Spiral Dots, but they pair extremely well with the SG-03 sound wise imo. So I recommend them. I got them here from MTMTAudio: https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-silicon-3-pairs-white?variant=32465676075068 They are a regular/medium length bore and a medium bore in width.

The upper mids/lower treble on these are just a bit strong for my ears without a good tip match. And the lower mids are a tiny bit too scooped. Sub-bass focused low-end is superb, mid-bass & upper bass are pretty good, and upper-treble is pretty great as well! Oh, and mid-mids are good in clarity, if not a little thin. The tonality is a bit colder at times for mids & upward, a crisp set of IEMs. But the meaty bass range brings some warmth & rumble too. Timbre isn't super natural sounding for a dynamic driver, when compared to something like Zero Audio or Sony's more organic timbre imo. It's almost a little bit sharper like a BA kinda? I much prefer DD's in general. Details/resolution seem really good for the price. Micro details are there/present quite a bit too. Soundstage is moderately good for an IEM at sub 100 USD, wider than tall or deep but not the widest I've heard(Also, am used to my $300 Sony MDR-MA900 headphone's soundstage tho). Separation & layering are really nice for the price, more capable than the soundstage I think. Pretty fast/quick sound overall with great technicalities at the price. I think these are a great value for under $100, let alone $69, and maybe even a decent value for under $150. I really love them overall 💚

I have been driving them just with my LG G7 ThinQ & its built-in Quad DAC. I use it fairly loud to me around 30-37/75 volume. I also like them very slightly EQ'd in Poweramp Music Player for Android. I added 1 bump or 1.5db at 500hz & 1khz. Then -1.5db at 2khz, 4khz, & 8khz. These slight tweaks smooth them out just a hair and make them a little more balanced/tolerable/less fatiguing tonally for me for longer listening sessions while not ruining their signature or any technicalities they have. The IEMs have a sensitivity of 106 db @ 16 Ohms, so it's easy to drive thankfully too! And their listed requency response range is 20Hz- 40kHz.

I listen mainly to a wide variety of EDM songs I have found over the years. But I also like Alternative, Rock, Classical, Folk, Lofi, Video Game OSTs. Pretty much anything except Country, and I guess not really Jazz. These have a good crunch/bite for EDM that is enveloping & great quality sub-bass that has authority when it's there in the original mix. They are good for Alternative, Rock, Classical, and OSTs as well as far as I could tell. I don't know if they'd be good for Metal or fast music with super complex sections or not though. Might need something more technical/even higher-end for that & to reproduce it very well.

I am using this YY 16-Core Upgraded Silver-Plated Copper Cable, which is nice :) https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001..._allProduct.allProducts_6010282.4000186974626
I ordered it for $29 from HiFiGo, which was supposed to be this:
YY-16-core-upgraded-silver-plated-copper-cable.jpg

But they sent me that other colored one pictured in the Ali link not anywhere on their site :/ And they couldn't fix their error cause they didn't have/guarantee the color from the manufacturer that was pictured I ordered... So they offered me a coupon for next order. And am just using the cable that works fine/great, but not fully what I wanted looks wise.

This has been my 1st new set of IEMs since I bought the iBasso IT01(~$80-100) back in Sept. 2018. I also still own a pair of Zero Audio Carbo Tenore(~$35-55) and Zero Audio DuoZA(~$90-110) back from 2013-2015. And these are just as good if not better? than those IEMs. These even hold their own against the Yamaha EPH-100 I think. And even surpass the Havi B3 Pro 1(I hate their fit & signature) & JVC HA-FXD80(too scooped, cold, and bright & painfully large nozzle imo). I like this signature better than any of those 3. Plus the SG-03 are more comfortable for a longer period of time to wear than the IT01(with a better housing & nozzle), even with less comfy tips on them. And no driver flex comparatively. I have squishy, white wide bore TTPOD T1E tips on the iBasso IT01. They are the comfiest, best sealing wide bore tips ever imo even if the IT01 housing is a little bothersome after a while. They're slightly better than the Spiral Dots to me. However, they don't fit the nozzle or synergize well with the Reecho SG-03 like the FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips do.

Well, hope this was a fun & somewhat informative read 🙂 And as always, stay classy Head-Fi 😎👌

Attachments

• FAudio Instrument Tips.png
    FAudio Instrument Tips.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0815210039a_HDR.jpg
    0815210039a_HDR.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #39 of 44
This song has some of the most addicting & crunchy synth beats I've heard with the SG-03. Highlighting their mid-mids & upper-mids I believe. It's a lot of fun if you like instrumental-type dubstep :)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #40 of 44
Would the Reecho SG-03 be suitable for use whilst sleeping on the side (ear facing the pillow)?

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #43 of 44
They are still not well known, but great! For my taste they needed many hours of burn in and some eq ( to rise up trebles mainly). Sound great with my phone (Galaxy S8), i use azla sedna eartips.
The sound is really clean and punchy, wide. Bass are addictive (for sure one, if not the best, of the best bass of all my iems) , so the mids on electric guitars.
They are great for electro and rock/métal.
Great value!
Screenshot_20220706-103222_SoundAlive.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back