Reducing gain by swapping op-amps? (LD i+)
Jul 31, 2010 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

triple-u

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

My current setup is using the Maverick D1 as a DAC and pre-amp out to my Little Dot I+.  With the D1, I want to use the switch to bypass the potentiometer, but when I do that, the LD potentiometer needs to be set very low.  The problem is that when the LD volume is set so low, the left-right balance isn't perfect.

So I'm wondering what my options are.  Would switching the input op-amp of the LD to a lower gain op-amp help?

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't think any opamp is going to significantly lower the gain. At the same time you can try switching the opamp next to the tube on the D1.  That is supposedly the "gain" stage on the RCA outputs. (it goes through this stage with and without direct enabled)

IC based opamps are super cheap so you can just get a few and start swapping them in and out and see if that fixes you up, same with the LD.

There is another mod that the newer D1's already have which lowers the gain of the unit itself, but I think that is linked to the potentiometer anyway.  Might be similar to mod the LD though so keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back