Red Wine Audio Mod 60GB iPod 4th Generation (non-working condition)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
Free to a Good Home
Currency
USD
Price
Oct 17, 2016 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spektrograf

100+ Head-Fier
Up for a new home is a 4th generation 60GB iPod with the Red Wine Audio mod in non-operating condition. I had bought this LONG ago from another Head-fier, and it provided years of great sound (much better than any of the newer generations by a long shot—to my ears). The thing is, it seems to need a new hard drive, as when I charge it up it constantly reboots with a clicking hard drive never getting past the Apple launch screen. It repeats this until it drains the battery.

My own diagnosis is that it needs a new hard drive. If I were to keep it, I'd put in a high capacity compact flash card and give it a new battery, but I've found I don't get much use of portable audio anymore, so would rather not invest the funds. No guarantee that my own diagnosis is accurate. Whoever gets it will have to diagnose and fix according to their own findings.

I'd love to send it to someone who would want to get this non-working iPod back to life and enjoy the tunes it can put out.

I only ask the buyer pay for USPS Priority Mail shipping of the iPod from 94041. The iPod comes with a Apple USB wall charger as well as an Apple USB cable. It's also encased in the original case I got from the last owner. The package will be packed in a thick padded enveloped weighing in about 11 ounces.

Whoever PM's me first will get first crack at ownership. Ownership will go to the first person to PayPal me actual shipping cost from me to them.

Thanks for looking!

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 3

Spektrograf

100+ Head-Fier
On hold for 24 hours, pending payment of shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread