Red Rose Headphone Amp
Aug 21, 2001 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

bootman

King o'Ping
Audiophile legend Mark Levinson has a new company called Red Rose Music.
Included in his product line is an audiophile headphone amp called the Rosette 3 .

Retail price is $1500 US.

Has anyone else heard of this product?
There are no pics of it online yet but I have requested more info from the company.
I'll post any information that I come across.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2001 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 54
I've certainly heard of the company, but had no idea they made a headphone amp. interesting...

Aug 21, 2001 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 54
I just spoke with their Director of Sales & Marketing, and he admitted that they may have announced the headphone amp a bit prematurely, as there is no definite release date yet.

He did tell me that it is a solid state headphone amplifier, and they're still reviewing prototypes. There are no plans to release a tube headphone amp at this time.

He was a very nice guy, and will likely provide us with more information about the Rosette 3 as it becomes available.

bootman, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Aug 21, 2001 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 54
Whatever the case, I'll bet the Rossette 3 is going to be a work of art. Take a look at the Rossette 1...

EMBARASSMENT EDIT......
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2001 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
It could be a pricey but good sounding amp, or a overpriced excuse for an RA-1 (which happens to be an excellent value, IMO).

LOL! coolvij, you jumping the gun a little maybe?

Based on the good reviews I've read of their system at the New York show, I'll hope for the best.

Aug 21, 2001 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 54
not jumpin the gun.....just sayin....whether it's good or not, it'll be a pricey beauty
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2001 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 54
Quote:

He did tell me that it is a solid state headphone amplifier, and they're still reviewing prototypes. There are no plans to release a tube headphone amp at this time.

Count me out!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 21, 2001 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 54
hey, solid state can still sound very good. I suppose its competition will be the Headroom Max...that's some pretty tough competition!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2001 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 54
A $1500 solid state amp without a cross-feed? I think they should re-evaluate.

Is there enough room at the high-end for a solid state amp with no x-feed? Why would I want that over the Headroom Max (looks and fancy brand name aside)?

Yeah, pre-mature to pooh-pooh it sound unheard, but it seems like this small niche market already has a heavy-hitter in that league.

markl

Aug 21, 2001 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 54
Its nice that they at least know the name, price, and even have a vague product description even though they haven't exactly picked what the amp is going to be yet!

Aug 21, 2001 at 10:32 PM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
Its nice that they at least know the name, price, and even have a vague product description even though they haven't exactly picked what the amp is going to be yet!

Based on my conversation with him, I got the impression that the amp very much exists, only the existing versions are prototypes.

Aug 22, 2001 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

A $1500 solid state amp without a cross-feed? I think they should re-evaluate.

Why? Not everyone loves cross-feed and some purist shake in horror of the thought.

Quote:

Is there enough room at the high-end for a solid state amp with no x-feed? Why would I want that over the Headroom Max (looks and fancy brand name aside)?

We should be thankfull that companies are making more headphone amps, especially highend ones!

I for one, would love to see how this amp compares to the Max!

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #14 of 54
Hey, I'm with you on the more amps the merrier sentiment.
And yeah, i agree not everyone likes crossfeed, but it's defeatable on every model I'm aware of. Wouldn't you want that option?

Just about all the people in the world that would buy such a device are on these boards. How many of us are there? 400? 600? How many of those can afford a $1500 headphone amp? 50? Todd and Tyl sure ain't getting rich off the Max, you can bet on that!

I think if I were an amp builder, I would get to know my market a little better and make sure my product could match what's already out there and established. There will have to be some RAVE reviews on these boards before very many would experiment with an unknown $1500 amp.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back