Red Bull Stratos
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 11
He made it, and from 7000 ft higher than planned! Scary how much could have gone wrong.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 11
The fact that he was spinning out of control at 700 + MPH for some time was scary to watch.  Whats amazing was that he was able to re-gain control.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 11
Watched the whole jump, was very impressive, hell of a feat for nothing more (ok not quite literally) than a man, a fancy suit and a balloon.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 11
Looks quite easy though if you have the nerve for it :).

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 11
I knew somebody would do a nice little thread about it.
I did watched the whole process too (fortunately for me they did not had good weather all week ,and it was good just on Sunday which was my day off) ,pretty amazing.
But let face it ,Joe Kittinger still the king ,i mean,he did not had all this super hi-tech equipment ,the money sponsor for Red Bull with all media coverage consequences ,and we are talking about 50 years ago.For some reason i think they decided to not let Felix had the longer free fall duration record,which still right now with Kittinger...Nonetheless a great thing to watch.

Quote:
Watched the whole jump, was very impressive, hell of a feat for nothing more (ok not quite literally) than a man, a fancy suit and a balloon.

Well ,i agree somewhat with you.
Maybe is not Red Bull that give you wing,is the size of your nuts!

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Well ,i agree somewhat with you.
Maybe is not Red Bull that give you wing,is the size of your nuts!

If I were a Redbull exec, I'd have the lab geeks come up with a new recipe which include Baumgartner's sweat.
"New Redbull Massive Balls from the Edge of Space, now with 30% Caffeine, 20% Taurine, 50% Baumgartner's sweat and a 100% massive balls"

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 11
Definitely amazing. Makes my ambition of skydiving from 12,000 ft seem pretty weak, hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back