Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
May 31, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #61 of 269
very very nice kalbee, to give you an idea I have been working on mine for 3 full days, this is day 4. Anyway back to work

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #63 of 269
My paint is still drying!!!! Arg I hope it's ok if I upload 3~4 hours late

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #64 of 269

Finally finished my submission for the contest. I thought it was important to show just how much this initiative helps out the people of the future. The headphone had a broken headband, so I disassembled it and suspended its parts in a mobile. Also, I'll post a video of the finished mobile, which can play back custom crib tunes, below:

I thought it'd be nice for my submission to be beautiful AND practical! In case anyone doubts that the sound is coming from the headphone cups, you can actually see the plug running into my TTVJ slim on my desk! Excuse the mess, I AM a Starving Student!

Good Luck Everyone!

Kojaku

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #65 of 269

Finally finished my submission for the contest. I thought it was important to show just how much this initiative helps out the people of the future. The headphone had a broken headband, so I disassembled it and suspended its parts in a mobile. Also, I'll post a video of the finished mobile, which can play back custom crib tunes, below:

I thought it'd be nice for my submission to be beautiful AND practical! In case anyone doubts that the sound is coming from the headphone cups, you can actually see the plug running into my TTVJ slim on my desk! Excuse the mess, I AM a Starving Student!

Good Luck Everyone!

Kojaku

Oh you basterd, I dig it.it's really really good, bravo

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #67 of 269
Titled: You wouldn't, You won't, Why do you?

Here is how I made a revolver out of 2 headphones and 6+ IEMs.
the end result, Photography by Jarryd Cox. Modelled by my Girlfriend

And I will upload the WIP shots later, my phone just died.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #68 of 269
Fridge magnets are fun! I have mini-button shaped magnets my mother gave me with famous works of art pictured in them.

The functional mobile is really creative, especially as you no doubt had to assemble it during finals or had to start at the last minute due to finals. Whatever, thanks for sharing, it was a very impressive idea!

The effort put in to your pistol is ridiculous, no wonder the other entries made you anxious. Did you wrap the grip in headphone wire? I remember doing a project for class like that, except I used a flattened string where I had to use a toothpick to apply one side of that string to the glue-coated object. It was a couple-day pain-in-the keister. Did you keep track of how many hours yours took? I'm not going to say I told you so, but I hope you submitted your pic to the Facebook page on time.

Hey Val, when are the judges going to give the results? Thanks for the project though, it was fun and brought me out of the daily grind a bit :)

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #70 of 269
Version 2, redone as my first attempt didn't clearly show where my old headphones headband broke. ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Version 1 Tried to accentuate my X-Fades crushing and breaking the plastic headband adjustment outlining that build quality is very important and why I Love my V-Modas!​
 ​

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #72 of 269
I tried to do the 'David LaChapelle look' (artist that Val mentioned) but my low tech camera gear (Iphone, Cybershot) couldn't capture the scenes effectively.  So I scaled it down a bit...and well, here it is.  Clicking the self-timer and trying to get in position on a pedestal buck naked while wearing a big black mask with no eyeholes in a 100 degree garage is not something I want to do ever again.  Unless of course there is another contest! I covered up the trademark vents with aluminum foil on the back of the shield to protect your innocence, salvage any dignity I have left, and avoid jail time.  Good luck to everyone!  There are a lot of good entries out there. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #73 of 269
The effort put in to your pistol is ridiculous, no wonder the other entries made you anxious. Did you wrap the grip in headphone wire? I remember doing a project for class like that, except I used a flattened string where I had to use a toothpick to apply one side of that string to the glue-coated object. It was a couple-day pain-in-the keister. Did you keep track of how many hours yours took? I'm not going to say I told you so, but I hope you submitted your pic to the Facebook page on time.

the problem was it took 5 full days (5x12 hours) instead of 2 and a half. Only finished it yesterday. It's sturdy as well dropped it a few times. The grip is made from 4x iem cables. The body is made from about 5 pieces per side, managed to smooth it out using plastic dust and glue, and it well probably surprise you but my DIY limit was making a few cables 2 weeks ago with my fathers assistance, and this was done all on my own, and my perfectionist tendencies would not let me take a short cut... I ended up reinforcing everything on the inside which is not visible, and built 2 different bullet chambers. Oh and the barrel is hollow, that was a pain, especially getting it off the sick I wrapped it around in one piece. In a few hours I will create the build log

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #74 of 269
I tried to do the 'David LaChapelle look' (artist that Val mentioned) but my low tech camera gear (Iphone, Cybershot) couldn't capture the scenes effectively.  So I scaled it down a bit...and well, here it is.  Clicking the self-timer and trying to get in position on a pedestal buck naked while wearing a big black mask with no eyeholes in a 100 degree garage is not something I want to do ever again.  Unless of course there is another contest! I covered up the trademark vents with aluminum foil on the back of the shield to protect your innocence, salvage any dignity I have left, and avoid jail time.  Good luck to everyone!  There are a lot of good entries out there. 

It's soo funny, it's one of my favourites that's for sure.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #75 of 269
Wow. You guys are impressive. Evshrug, that's an awesome ad. Kalbee your photo is well thought out, well shot and well executed! Bass, I thought that was a toy until I looked closer. You're insane! That's an awesomely crazy shot. Wired, What is that pistol made out of!? Can I get a close up? Is that for sale, lol? That looks pretty amazing. 

Val, can you compile all the entries into an album or a group? I'd love to see what people put out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back