Rectifiers.....why
May 16, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #46 of 49
The Tataksuki can hit hard when it needs to, but it lacks sub-bass and it's definitely less impactful than either the Mighty 596 or the KR RK 5U4G. The Takatsuki is for someone who appreciates the technicalities of music, whereas the Mighty 596 or the KR RK are for people who love the experience of music. If that makes more sense. Takatsuki is 7-Up (Crystal Clean, no caffine), and 596 is an ice cold Coca-Cola. Sweet, rich, caramel and ever-present.

May 16, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #47 of 49
The Tataksuki can hit hard when it needs to, but it lacks sub-bass and it's definitely less impactful than either the Mighty 596 or the KR RK 5U4G. The Takatsuki is for someone who appreciates the technicalities of music, whereas the Mighty 596 or the KR RK are for people who love the experience of music. If that makes more sense. Takatsuki is 7-Up (Crystal Clean, no caffine), and 596 is an ice cold Coca-Cola. Sweet, rich, caramel and ever-present.
Absolutely clear! Thank you Col!

May 16, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #48 of 49
If anyone has a TK 274b for me, or buy from you if you don’t like it, to try in my WA22 I’d greatly appreciate it. I’d gladly send you one of my several rectifier tubes to demo if you’re interested.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #49 of 49
@bpcans believe it or not.. I've not tried the USAF 596! I almost ordered one from Woo recently.. almost..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back