Recording Records to CDs
Nov 6, 2005 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jap

500+ Head-Fier
[size=small]
Gentlemen and Ladies:

I was hoping that one of you could assist me with a little problem I have. I need someone who can produce professional recordings from LP's to CD-R's.

I have two brand new, still sealed LP's which have sat untouched for five years while I tried, in vain 'till now, to find someone who I trust to perform professional CD recordings. The LP's are the only two records which exclusively feature the superbly talented singer, Esther Satterfield, who was initially introduced to the world by her friend and fellow musician, Chuck Mangione, who had this to say about Ms. Satterfield:
"Arrangers are often called upon musically to dress up a vocal by adding all kinds of instruments and sounds. There are few voices so pure, so distinct, that one dares to let them stand alone---naked. Esther's is the exception."
Sadly, Ms. Satterfield elected to retire from her commercial recording career a few decades ago, and these LP's, along with a few guest appearances on other albums, are all that's left of her musical legacy.

The LP's in question are:
Esther Satterfield: Once I Loved
Esther Satterfield: The Need to Be
These albums are simply not available in the CD format at all. I think so much of this woman's talent that I scoured the market for the best CD-R's I can find. I ended up with Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs' (MFSL) 24 Karat Gold Ultradisc CD-R's.

Is there any service that anyone might be aware of that can produce professional recordings from LP's to CD's? I would truly appreciate any assistance I may gain in this regard.

Most respectfully,

John A. Prosper
[/size]

Nov 7, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Hi John,

Give me a call. I may be able to help you out. 866-444-3910

Todd

[size=small]Thank you, Todd. I'll probably have to call you later this week since I'll be bogged down at work all day today.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back