Recording capabilities of Sound Blaster X7
Feb 15, 2018 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sayingandparsing

New Head-Fier
I haven't been able to find any posts addressing this issue exactly. I'd really appreciate it if an owner could help me out. I'm hoping to use the X7 ADC to digitize vinyl to 24/192 when connected to my preamp via RCA.
The user guide specs say " 24-bit recording sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz, 192 kHz"
And later "24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at up to 96 kHz sample rate"
The first quote suggests that it could be done at 192khz, but the second contradicts that. Analog conversion being limited to 96khz under all circumstances does seem to be the better interpretation. However, it's possible that recording to a computer with the correct driver does support a higher sample rate, whereas attaching a phone through the line in and playing back in real time through the headphone jack does not. (Doing that might make sense if you wanted to use EQ or clearvoice). The ADC chip used supports 192khz conversion, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with recording to a computer at the higher samplerate.
I can get a cheaper audio interface that certainly allows 192khz recording, but the X7 offers some additional features that for me would justify the higher price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back